August 2012 - August 2013
- Responsible for all finance related functions for 2 UK based entities in the CRH group (Anchor Bay Construction Products Ltd and FCA Wholesalers Ltd)
- Created new chart in Sage for FCA and migrated all data (Sales orders, Purchase orders, Stock, Debtors, Creditors, General Ledger, Fixed Assets) into the new chart, trained staff to use the new system.
- Created and established new procedures and reports for both entities to satisfy CRH reporting requirements.
Anchor Bay Construction Products Ltd
June 2005 - July 2012
- Privately owned company (prior to a buy out by CRH in January 2012)
- Managed all accounting and finance functions throughout a 6 year period as the company grew threefold
- Created, implemented, and monitored systems and procedures to complement the company's growth
- Created a formal reporting structure to monitor performance against budgets and forecasts for all KPI's.
- Created and implemented a structured system of credit control to minimize company exposure whilst optimizing sales potentials.
- Undertook feasibility studies on expansion projects, ad hoc budgets for expansion projects, monitored results and recommended remedial actions as required
- Liaised closely with company shareholders to optimize their returns whilst maintaining sufficient liquidity to sustain growth plans
Engee Enterprises Ltd
January 2001 - January 2005
- Financial Service company to facilitate purchase of raw materials for a privately owned group of companies in Nigeria
- Set up and ran all financial systems from start up.
- Established credit lines with trade banks in London, established Letters of Credit for shipments to Nigeria, and monitored documentation to facilitate the trading.
- Provided reports to monitor KPI's
November 1994 - January 2001
- Sales and contracting of portable sawmills in Ghana
November 1992 - December 1993
Somalia and Kenya
- Contract with UN to supply foods for 30,000 UNISOM troops in Somalia
- Set up stock control and billing system to invoice UN for food supply per contractual terms
- Monitored the system, provided credit control functions, and ad hoc reports of KPI's
- Feasability studies of other projects of interest (mobile phone network, crane contracting, salvage operations
Solomon Islands Investments Ltd
June 1987 - March 1992
- Part of Burns Philp Group
- Responsible for all accounting functions, reporting to the Manager, Pacific Division, Burns Philp
- Operations included Toyota Agency, Hardware division, Concrete Products manufacturing plant, and Ready mix concrete supply.
Finance Manager, Support Services Manager, Pool Intairdril Libya
October 1979 - February 1986
Libya and Malta
- Production and workover drilling contractor in Libya (US Company- owned by Enserch Corp TX)
- 11 Rigs operating in Libyan desert
- Manager of all support functions; Warehouse, Workshop, Catering, Importation
- 150 staff of about 10 different nationalities.
- Devised and implemented stock control systems
- Restructured the Catering to provide control on cost
Further details of employment available on request
Qualifications & Certifications
Bachelor of Commerce
Canterbury University, Christchurch NZ
Shirley Boys High School, Christchurch
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more