- Full time
- Part time
- One time
I write and edit
Use of website content management system (Adobe-in-Design)
• Use of Photoshop to crop pictures for the use.
• Make subbing of the stories and handle sensitive stories quickly with great care.
• Assist editors by appraising the factual truth and suggesting crucial changes or editing in the news
• Deal with all kinds of editorial works.
• Correct the spelling and grammatical mistakes.
• Select the layout and news items for the newspaper.
• Collect the content for the publication.
• Peruse all the editorial works regularly to keep in touch with all the happening in the world.
• Develop new conceptual designs.
• Explore, analyze, and implement the stories.
Lecturer/Tutor University of Zambia (Solwezi)
• Teaching journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communication and other media related courses.
• Conducting interviews with readers, sources, and anyone directly involved in a story.
• Quickly collecting and analyzing information on any breaking news stories.
• Writing features and news stories and them to the editor before publication.
• Involved in picture selection and the layout design of a page.
• Attending press launches, meetings, and conferences etc.
• Answering the telephone on the news desk and dealing with any enquiries.
• Contacting victims of crime and persons who may have a news story.
• Following up leads for potential news stories.
• Conducting interviews in person and over the phone.
• Deciding on the content of the stories.
• Responding to tip offs.
Qualifications & Certifications
fulfill its tasks right out of school
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more