Management Of Regjonal Exploration Projects
This activity would entail grassroots exploration to advance drilling feasibility studies for Gold ore and other base metal deposits.
Included are Logistics, management of personnel and field supplies. Initial objective is to generate potential target areas for gold or other base metal occurrences and follow up exploration surveys for detailed soil sampling, trenching, and drilling.
Senior Exploration Geologist
GUYANA GOLDFIELDS INC
August 2006 - June 2013
* Skillfully planned, coordinated, implemented, and supervised exploration programs including QA/QC.
* Effectively managed geological mapping (lithology, structures, and alteration), geochemical silt-rock-soil sampling and geophysical (IP resistivity and magnetic surveys) exploration activities (grassroots to detailed), satellite gold deposits, and prospects of Aurora, Aranka and Puruni Areas.
* Worked with trenching and drilling program design, including: logistics, mapping and channel sampling, and core and geotech logging.
* Encoded geological and geochemical data into files and database programs, utilized MapInfo and downhole explorer to analyze results.
* Used industry knowledge to prepare technical reports and documentation to ensure compliance with industry and operational requirements.
* Managed and supervised the geotechnical drilling and condemnation DH of Aurora Gold Project.
* Participated in advanced delineation drilling of the Aurora Gold Project, Guyana (Rory's Knoll Deposit and other satellite deposits) - 5.71M oz Au resource (measured and indicated).
* Participated in semi-advanced stage delineation drilling of the Sulfur Rose Deposit at Aranka Project - >0.5 M oz Au resource (indicated and inferred).
* Led, guided and mentored less experienced geologists; shared knowledge to assist with achieving goals.
* Prepared a variety of weekly and monthly reports.
* Researched information and other updated exploration for gold related articles to improve processes, technologies, or methodologies of Guygold's exploration programs.
* Provided effective program supervision, budget tracking, and coordination of various exploration activities.
* Accurately processed all archive and underground geological data of Goldcorp Red Lake Mine for ore body modeling and in progress infill drilling of projected ore extensions.
J. A. CRUZ CONSTRUCTION, Quezon City
* Coordinated with subcontractors (resistivity surveys) in the design and development of subsurface structural foundations for high rise buildings. Fostered and maintained positive professional relationships.
* Assessed Basement and subsurface geology, including rock and soil mechanics.
* Prepared Engineering Geological and Geo-hazard assessment report for building permit.
Senior Exploration Geologist
INDOPHIL RESOURCES NL (LIONS GROUP OF AUSTRALIA)
* Skillfully planned, coordinated, implemented, and supervised exploration programs.
* Collaborated with the exploration manager and executive general manager in regional projects, generative studies, and third-party mineral property assessments.
* Coordinated with Dalton Pacific and Billiton in due diligence and exploratory surveys of selected mineral properties for possible joint venture projects and provided Subject Matter Expertise.
* Designed and implemented a successful geological/geochemical/drill hole database program for systematic and effective data management.
* Developed updated geostatistical analyses of old assay data of multi-elements from more than 7,000 stream sediments collected from the Sierra Madre, Luzon, resulting in delineation of two target areas for copper deposit.
* Accurately processed geological/geochemical data and drill hole assay results using G-Pick Micromine software.
* Supervised exploration drilling program, detailed logging, and sampling of core samples of the Manat project in Davao, Philippines.
Senior Exploration Geologist
Manila Mining Corporation
(MMC), Surigao Philippines; Lepanto Consolidated Mining Corporation (LCMC), Benguet, Philippines, 1996-1997
* Geologist / Geophysicist, Mines and Geosciences Bureau, Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Quezon City, Philippines, 1986-1995
Luzon Project, Indophil Resources NL
Regional exploration of the FTAA along the Sierra Madre Mountain Range for gold and other possible base metal deposits. Geochemical exploration: sampling, regional mapping, due diligence surveys of adjacent properties, and generative studies. Monitored the Drilling activity at Labo Gold Project. Participated in the drilling of Manat Gold project in Davao, Mindanao
Sulfur Rose & Kopang Project. Guyana Goldfields Inc.,
Participated in the drilling and delineated >0.5 M oz Au resource (indicated and inferred) at Sulfur Rose deposit. Have conducted detailed soil sampling, trenching and exploratory drilling for gold deposits at Kopang project.
Akaiwong Project, Guyana Goldfileds Inc
Regional exploration for gold deposits, semi-detailed to detailed soil sampling and delineation of several target areas for trenching.
Wynamu Project, Guyana Goldfields Inc.,
Regional exploration for gold deposits (stream, rock, soil sampling, trenching) . Delineated target areas for drilling.
Peter's Mine, Puruni Area, Guyana Goldfields Inc.,
Delineated additional ore extension of an old mine and explored other potential gold areas in the vicinity. Conducted geophysical IP & Resistivity surveys.
Aurora Gold Project, Guyana Goldfields Inc.,
Explored and delineated several additional ore extensions and satellitic gold ore deposits around the main ore body, targets areas for follow up drilling activity. Aurora Gold Project, (Rory’s Knoll Deposit and other satellite deposits) – 5.71M oz Au resource (measured and indicated).
Managed the geo-tech drilling activity and condemnation drill holes with AMEC during the first feasibility studies of the Aurora gold deposits. Assisted the Engineering Department in the planning and design of the Mill site, tailings location, Hydro dam site location, road projects, Rock source for aggregates. etc.
Qualifications & Certifications
B S Geology
College of Engineering Adamson University
M S Geology
National Institute of Geological Sciences, University of the Philippines
Isabela High School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more