20 years as a prion officer rising to rank assistant superintendent / worked in all classification of correctional centres
In 2003 I relocated to Goulburn to complete the set up of the food service unit for the region.
This position was made redundant due to restructure in 2013.this was a position I held for 10 years.
Managed the construction of Silverwater Correctional Centre kitchen from a 600 capacity, to 7000 meals per day capacity and Catering for 6 institutions. My role was to evaluate order and oversee construction and the implementation of policy and procedures' including developing HACCP PLANS. I was responsible for the establishment of the food service delivery for MRRC Correctional Centre which housed 900 inmates and was established without a kitchen in the centre. This entailed meeting with public works, working together we were able to achieve the outcomes with minimal fuss using minimum security inmates to cook for maximum security centres for both men and women. This also had its challenges. It quickly became apparent that CSI and the inmate working under my control would have a voice and their communication was taken on board and acted upon.
I was also responsible for the upgrade of John Moroney Correctional Centre from a sight only kitchen to a regional food service unit, servicing 5 centres.
assisting the local community
In 2002 I took on a project at Ivanhoe correctional centre which is remote NSW. The cultural difficulties had to be over come, with inmates and centre personal regarding purchasing which I did in conjunction with the Assistant Commissioner of that region.
We were successful in assisting the local community in obtaining fresh produce to their town which had been neglected, I had to instil in the staff that although they were remote they still had rights to access Government contacts, and expect the same quality and outcomes as their colleagues in metropolitan areas. Whilst communicating with outside suppliers who believed their delivery point some 5 hours away was the end of their responsibility. This was totally not acceptable and therefore I implemented the changes to the point of delivery. The buy-ups were shared with two shops and a hotel from the onset of 80 inmates therefore doubling population of the entire town after some reassurances their stock would be sold in one day and not 3 weeks as previously they came on board and we had a good working relationship which still stands today.
DEPT OF CORRECTIVE SERVICES
* Responsible for prison officers and inmates security.
* Maintain security.
* Oversee ordering in compliance with State Government Contracts.
* Building maintenance and asset control.
* Special functions and formal dinners etc
* Inmate wages.
* Case management
* Attending inmate development committees.
* Liaise with official visitors.
* Supervise and train unskilled inmates.
* Maintain Occupational and Health and Safety Standards'
* Ensure that cultural diversity principles are maintained with inmates and officers.
* Managed stock at all centres.
* Maintained HACCP Audits- ISO 9000 standards which consisted of Auditing other centres as required.
* TAFE Teacher attached to Werrrington TAFE in commercial cookery.
overseer, relieving the Senior overseer as required
Parramatta Corectional Centre
a position became available at Norma Parker correctional centre which entailed the setting up and running of Norma's Café. This was a training centre for female inmates. From there we done functions for head office and outside catering which included Parramatta courts jury room. In 1996 I took a position as Assistant Superintendent in the industry section at Silverwater Correctional centre -I introduced the transition from cook serve to cook chill. The governor of the centre approached CSI and discussed the importance and the benefits of making the unit a business unit adopting best practice and accountability.
self employed as taxi driver in sydney metro area
Prince Henry Hospital
* Supervisor of 15 cooks, 14 kitchen workers and 4 drivers.
* Budget control and monthly reviews
* Co ordination of kitchen staff rosters
* Planning menus
* Special functions
* Quality control
* Implementing and maintaining Occupational Health and Safety.
* Ordering weekly stores.
* Cafeteria operations
* Catering for 500 staff and patients.
* Cook Chill
Self employed Truck Driver
* Delivery of associated gases.
* Installation of Medical gas to peoples homes through out Sydney and Metropolitan area
Qualifications & Certifications
high school education
port macquarie high
Brush Farm Academy
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more