Claim you profile
- Bible teaching - I have taught Scripture to almost every age group.
- Preaching - both expositional and topical
- Worship leading - I believe my strongest skill/gift for ministry is in this area. I have a great love and passion for leading God's people in worship.
- Guitar - I have played guitar for 18 years and am continuing to grow in this skill. I play a variety of styles, from rock to finger style.
- Discipleship - I have discipled youth while I was a youth pastor, young adults in our worship band, etc.
- Oversee small group ministry - recruiting group leaders, putting together various studies, etc.
- Lead small groups
- Oversee Children's ministry - both Sunday School and Children's Church
WORSHIP LEADER INTERN
ALDERWOOD COMMUNITY CHURCH
• Invaluable time of learning about worship leading and service received under leadership of experienced music director.
• Had the privilege of leading worship with a full band for the 500+ member contemporary service.
• Assisted the senior pastor and music director in putting worship services together.
• Mapped out worship music, detailing what each instrument played, dynamics to each song and directing the flow of music from one song to another.
• Led the worship band in practice both in mid-week practices and on Sunday mornings.
• Worked with the music director and band when the orchestra was part of the worship team.
• Formed quality personal and working relationships with my musicians and singers.
• Participated in other areas of the music ministry at the church such as singing in the choir, singing specials, leading worship in the traditional service, as well as additional responsibilities.
ASSOCIATE PASTOR/WORSHIP LEADER
(MVBC same as above)
• Developed a worship band which now includes piano, keyboard, bass, drums/percussion, electric guitar and 8-12 singers, with the addition of flute and violin periodically.
• Implemented a blended style of worship in our morning worship service with the purpose of being sensitive to the demographic of the church. Contemporary being the main focus, hymns and older choruses are incorporated into our worship as well. Our song selection is greatly influenced by such worship leaders as Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Brenton Brown, Paul Baloche, Hillsong, etc.
• Expend a lot of thought and energy each week organizing the Sunday service. This includes not only the music, but the flow and placement of each element. I put together a weekly Power Point presentation with the purpose of being both aesthetically pleasing and legible. Special music is also scheduled on a regular basis. My wife and I periodically create videos and slide shows for special occasions/holidays.
• Invest a great deal of time with my worship team as a whole as well as individually for the sake of fostering deeper relationships as well as making sure Sunday worship is set. Practices are held weekly; extra practices are added to learn new music and foster unity on the worship team as a whole.
• Coordinate and often participate in special music sung or performed. I feel very strongly that in this role I am a steward of the musical gifts and abilities that God has given individuals in the church. My desire is to recognize those skills and give them an opportunity to use them in service for Christ. This includes teens as well as adults. Extra effort is put into special occasions/holidays, incorporating more if not all of the worship team for these services.
• Minister to the congregation through special music of my own. I have written a number of songs and will often sing those for the congregation. I work hard at keeping up with new music and will often choose newer songs that will be a blessing for the...
Associate Pastor and Worship Leader
Monument View Bible Church
From August 2005
• Participate in majority of elder meetings.
• Privileged to have played a role in the growth of this church. From a little over 100 members/attendees in 2005, we now average between 250 and 300. I am humbled to realize that the worship, music and ministries I have overseen played a role in that growth.
GRACE COMMUNITY CHURCH
• Privileged to preach through most of I Peter during first six months.
• Taught a weekly Bible study through Daniel.
• Served congregation through hospital visits, visiting shut-ins, general visitation and other duties in pastoral role.
• Performed a wedding and multiple funerals.
• Served as associate pastor for next 6 months under new senior pastor.
YOUTH PASTOR, GRAND MESA BAPTIST CHURCH
• Led a group of Middle and High Schoolers that ranged from10-40 students.
• Led weekly Bible studies, teaching the Bible a variety of ways: expositionally, topically, discussion-oriented and more.
• Formed relationships with the students in many different ways including spending time with them in their homes, at their schools, at restaurants, during service projects, as well as a variety of other settings.
• Organized and led activities designed to fulfill the purposes and goals of the youth group - evangelism, fellowship, service, spiritual growth, etc.
• Ministered to many unchurched students through a bus ministry at the church.
• Took guitar lessons and began to lead worship at youth group meetings, summer camps and eventually the church's worship service.
• Served as interim pastor for three months, preaching through a portion of Colossians, did visitation and other pastoral responsibilities.
• Served as janitor of the church for 3 of the 4 years as well.
Qualifications & Certifications
Masters of Divinity
NORTHWEST BAPTIST SEMINARY
The Masters College; Northwest Baptist Seminary
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more