- Full time
- Part time
- One time
managing all teams , sales
From August 2011
in the areas of General Manger & CFO of varied organisations & in a variety of projects.
- Tendering for government & non-government work across a broad range of industries
- Business restructures including change management
- Accounting restructures & imputation
- Arranging finance for ongoing capital works
- WHS compliance & imputation
- Human Resource Management
- Implementing corporate governance
- Employee training & upgrades.
In addition I have been assisting this group in working & developing community based projects.
Assisting health organisations with their compliance & recruiting.
Watts Waste Management
December 2010 - August 2011
* Management accounts - none had been prepared for over 12 months
* Analysing the business down to the level of each route & truck costing
* Reports to the directors of the "real " operating position of the business
* Commencing restructure of business
* Year end accounts
* Daily cash reporting
* Preparation of cash & profit budgets
* All tax reporting
* Liaison with external auditors
* Rewriting chart of accounts with an appropriate model
* BAS, PAYG GST reporting
* Balance sheet reconciliation of all accounts
* Corporate governance
October 2007 - December 2010
* Managing all sales functions at a senior level - working with CEO's, CFO's, COO's
* 90 % of the business was in health
* KPI calculations for all sales staff
* Tendering on & winning large scale government & non government business
* Negotiating small & large scale contracts within Australia & offshore
* Building strong teams of motivated & committed sales people
* Building strong relationships with all clients at all management levels
* Profit management
* Cost management
* Corporate governance
* Selling outsourcing to clients - outsourcing of all administration areas
* Ensuring compliance with all Australian legislation
* The lobbying of Australian & State Governments for changes to legislation.
This business in recruiting was 80% Health & 20% general - I have 15 +years' experience in the health market throughout Australia, the Pacific Rim, Hong Kong & mainland China.
General Manager & CEO
MHS employed about 1000 people of various disciplines, including trades, labourers, professionals & all medical positions. As general manager I was responsible for all growth in the company & all accounting issues.
The growth was difficult due to the low rate of unemployment within Australia. Therefore, there was a great need to recruit from offshore. Eighty percent of the business centred on the health industry & more particular the aged care market.
This was handled by obtaining an accreditation of "457" from the Australian government. The business of MHS had offices in
* NSW Central Coast
* NSW Mid North Cost
* Gold Coast
* Hong Kong
* Mainland China
This necessitated a great deal of travel.
Being the general manager I was responsible for all facets of the business. This included the business being analysed down to each customer in the countries stated.
* Negotiating contracts in Hong Kong & mainland China for medical professionals with governments
* Negotiating large contracts within Australia for varied government & non government projects
* Negotiating large contracts within New Zealand for varied government & non government projects
* International finance calculations in conjunction with the companies CFO
* Large understanding of the health market in Australia & overseas
* Attending senior government functions
* Outsourcing all non-sales tasks offshore
* Preparation of business plans for each country & region
* Budgets (cash & profit) for each country & region
* Understanding each countries taxation, accounting & OH&S laws.
* Establishing & organisation the '457' programme
* Establishing & organisation the Pacific Island Guest Worker Programme.
* Due diligence calculations for business' which we were purchasing
* Preparation of tenders for government & non government organisations.
* Corporate governance
* Ensuring policies & procedures &...
Finance Manager NSW
Pacific Waste Management
After I had sold the business of TNT Waste Control to Pacific Waste Management (now SITA) & as part of the sale process, I was appointed as the Finance Manager NSW. At that time this waste division was the largest waste division in the southern hemisphere. My core responsibilities was the preparation of Australian & USA accounts (there is a timing issue between the two countries.)
The position had direct reports of eight - all accountants & the credit manager.
The focus of this business was:
• weekly reporting
• monthly reporting
• quarterly reporting
• yearly reporting
• comparison of actuals to budget both dollars & operations each month
• Tax reporting
• I had direct reports of 10
• Balance sheet reconciliation
• Cost reductions
All focussed on comparison to budgets, not only for dollars but also statistics.
There was also focus on budget preparation which was updated each six month's & very detailed five year plans.
I & the General Manager
were advised by the then board of directors of TNT to prepare the business for sale. The due diligence period was long & complex, however, it resulted in a very successful sale to the then known Pacific Waste Management - a company with very strong world wide organisations
Part of the sale was for the entire division of TNT Waste Control to be employed by Pacific Waste Management.
I was employed by Pacific Waste as the Financial Controller of its NSW division, which at the time was the largest waste division in the southern hemisphere.
My duties here not only included all accounting, but also general management & tendering for large industrial & local government projects. This position was held until October 1993
National Finance Manager
TNT Waste Control
* As National Finance manager I had a team qualified Accountants working directly for me throughout Australia
* Finalizing monthly, quarterly & annual accounts
management accountant before gaining the role
TNT Waste Control
National Finance Manager responsible for all P&L's , balance sheets , acquisitions, project costings & tenders
Qualifications & Certifications