Wireless infrastructure deployment across several countries (GSM/GPRS)
Broadband network expansion
Retail store refurbishment
Aircon & ventilations systems deployment
From July 2013
Took up the position of General Manager of Cooling Tech Limited, the largest air- conditioning company in Grenada representing two major brands and specializing in 'design and build' of cooling systems.
Pickaat Innovations Ltd
From November 2012
Established Pickaat Innovations Ltd., a technology consulting and service partnership focused on delivering operational efficiency improvements to businesses in power systems, IT,
telecommunications and related services. LIME is currently our largest client.
Vice President of Engineering
21st Century Telecom Network (Caribbean) Ltd
November 2007 - September 2008
Took up the role of Vice President of Engineering of a startup Telecoms Company based in
St. Kitts. Established CDMA roaming mobile network operation in St. Kitts & Nevis and started ground work in St. Lucia, St. Vincent, and Dominica.
Vice President Networks
March 2005 - April 2006
performed as a dual role
• Provided technical leadership to the 6 East Area Businesses
• Worked with 5 VPs of Network and Regional Network Services Team to ensure complete
alignment and coordination of East networks which form part of Regional and Global
Regional Project Manager - C&W CAI Support Services reporting to EVP Regional Network
Vice President Network
November 2004 - November 2006
The Dominica business unit is one of 6 East Caribbean C&W business units operating under the umbrella of the East Area Office. The BU operated in a deregulated market with competition in
fixed and mobile services, and contributed annual revenues of USD $26m and profit of USD
• Total responsibility for engineering of all network services (voice - fixed and mobile - data,
IP), and supporting services including facilities, power and aircon systems; 57 staff; USD
$5m annual operating budget.
• Ensured performance of network elements in the delivery of services
• Managed the transition from TDMA to GSM; overlay 1900 band; 25% network expansion;
doubled total customer base in 2 years (penetration: 99%, market share: 60%); remained top
performing network in the East and 2nd across C&W BU's in the Caribbean.
• Broadband network expansion by 130% to achieve island wide access and 33% PC
penetration over 2 years.
Restoration Coordinator - Coordinate restoration efforts in Grenada following hurricane
September 2004 - October 2004
Feasibility study for mobile operations in Tortola (BVI) - (October 2000)
• AMPS Cellular Network Optimization for C&W Turks & Caicos Is. - (May 2000).
• AMPS Cellular Network Optimization for C&WCC in Antigua. - (October 1998).
• Project Managed and implemented 1st mobile network in Dominica. - (Feb 1997)
July 2000 - August 2004
Located in Antigua
• Managed regional projects across the entire Caribbean region
• Negotiated contracts with several suppliers and vendor (Nortel) for the provision of equipment and services.
• Included procurement management and payment authorizations to suppliers.
• Engineered and executed 6 phases of TDMA expansions across 11 business units in the region using NORTEL Base Stations totaling USD $85m
• Successful overlay of GSM 850 across 9 business units in the region totaling USD $15m -
This was the deployment of 119 NORTEL GSM / GPRS sites collocated with existing
Nortel TDMA; (Overall project comprised 3 x Nortel Supernode XA-Core, 2 Nortel
SNSE XA-Core HLR; 2 x Logical Prepaid and SMS platforms).
Regional RF Engineer
C&W Caribbean Cellular
July 1999 - June 2000
Located in Antigua
• Operated in a regional centre of excellence providing technical support for TDMA networks across several business units, including frequency planning and network optimization.
Co-owner of Precision Equipment Services
La Falaise Medical Laboratory
Functioned as a key resource providing technical expertise to laboratories of the Princess
Margaret Hospital, La Falaise Medical Laboratory, Dominica Coconut Products, and the
Caribbean Agricultural Research & Development Institute; computer, security and power
systems services provided primarily to commercial banks.
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Phoenix
St. Mary's Academy
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more