I have 10 years’ experience working in the field of Accounting.
My previous experience duties include:
• Preparation of monthly bank and intercompany reconciliations.
• Maintains and provides timely and accurate reconciliations of various general ledger accounts and performs special projects as assigned.
• Ensures compliance with GAAP
• Prepares monthly journal entries and reconciliations using computerized spreadsheets for balance sheet and income statement accounts.
• Interprets, compiles and calculates information required to prepare analyses as required by management, audit or government agencies.
• Utilizes computer applications to compile, retrieve and summarize accounting information for analyses and reporting purposes.
• Analyzes and researches data and variances between periods analysis.
In addition to my extensive experience, below are some of my Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent accounting, analytical, and organizational skills.
• Ability to express oneself in a clear, concise and organized manner both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to operate with minimal direction and handle several projects simultaneously.
• Ability to handle confidential information.
Ability to exercise good judgment, keeping in mind company policies and procedures as guidelines.
• Self-motivation, possess the ability to work independently, ability to prioritize and to maintain well organized work and mental focus.
ACCOUNTING & COMMISSIONS MANAGER
From April 2014
• Oversee all accounting functions for the organization (i.e. process payroll, payroll tax administrator, full scope accounting).
• Process commissions for new business, renewals & chargebacks.
• Process commissions for 150+ agents
• Implement SOP and P&P’s for the Accounting department.
• Map carrier reports to the APL Commissions system and audit reports.
• Assume all HR Administration duties (i.e. Process new hire paperwork. I-9, W2’s, Employment applications, background check, credit check, maintain employee files, New hire orientations and company policies presentations)
August 2013 - February 2014
• Responsible for the daily wire transfers to 6 Superior Courts in the state of California.
• Client liaison to 20+ law offices.
• Daily, weekly & monthly reconciliation of accounts payable.
• Prepared monthly reports for CEO of company, lead coordinator of monthly accounting meeting with CEO.
• Audit financials reports and point person for Board of Trustees inquiries.
• Journal entry of transactions into QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions & MAS 500.
PROJECT COORDINATOR II
• Support all Corporate Medicare Sales projects, performing a wide variety of complex assignments where judgment, initiative and confidentiality are required.
• Maintain physical and electronic documents, files and records (e.g. permanent files, policies and procedures, agendas, audio/visual tapes, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
• Prepare written materials (e.g. reports, memos, letters, revisions to contracts, reports, meeting packets, etc.).
• Present information on administrative procedures, services, regulations, etc. for the purpose of orienting other personnel and/or disseminating information to appropriate parties.
BOOKKEEPER & HR ADMINISTRATOR
• Responsible for all of the accounting functions for the organization, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, Federal & State income tax and employee payroll.
• Prepared monthly, quarterly & yearly financial statements for the Board of Directors meetings and other ad-hoc reports as needed.
• Petty cash, corporate credit card oversight, purchase orders, insurance billings and various reconciliations as needed.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining the membership database in Microsoft Access and the successful integration of the company's website and database.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR
DOWNEY SAVINGS & LOAN
• Responsible for the day to day supervision of four Customer Service Representatives including hiring, training, coaching & counseling.
• Worked with various businesses and high net-worth individuals to provide a detailed representation of various investment opportunities, risk analysis and monetary returns in order to present my clients with a clear picture of their respective financial situations.
• Balanced all branch monetary instruments and transactions, month-end reconciliation and teller cash tills in accordance with company policies.
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more