Claim you profile
I have 10 years’ experience working in the field of Accounting.
My previous experience duties include:
• Preparation of monthly bank and intercompany reconciliations.
• Maintains and provides timely and accurate reconciliations of various general ledger accounts and performs special projects as assigned.
• Ensures compliance with GAAP
• Prepares monthly journal entries and reconciliations using computerized spreadsheets for balance sheet and income statement accounts.
• Interprets, compiles and calculates information required to prepare analyses as required by management, audit or government agencies.
• Utilizes computer applications to compile, retrieve and summarize accounting information for analyses and reporting purposes.
• Analyzes and researches data and variances between periods analysis.
In addition to my extensive experience, below are some of my Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent accounting, analytical, and organizational skills.
• Ability to express oneself in a clear, concise and organized manner both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to operate with minimal direction and handle several projects simultaneously.
• Ability to handle confidential information.
Ability to exercise good judgment, keeping in mind company policies and procedures as guidelines.
• Self-motivation, possess the ability to work independently, ability to prioritize and to maintain well organized work and mental focus.
ACCOUNTING & COMMISSIONS MANAGER
From April 2014
• Oversee all accounting functions for the organization (i.e. process payroll, payroll tax administrator, full scope accounting).
• Process commissions for new business, renewals & chargebacks.
• Process commissions for 150+ agents
• Implement SOP and P&P’s for the Accounting department.
• Map carrier reports to the APL Commissions system and audit reports.
• Assume all HR Administration duties (i.e. Process new hire paperwork. I-9, W2’s, Employment applications, background check, credit check, maintain employee files, New hire orientations and company policies presentations)
August 2013 - February 2014
• Responsible for the daily wire transfers to 6 Superior Courts in the state of California.
• Client liaison to 20+ law offices.
• Daily, weekly & monthly reconciliation of accounts payable.
• Prepared monthly reports for CEO of company, lead coordinator of monthly accounting meeting with CEO.
• Audit financials reports and point person for Board of Trustees inquiries.
• Journal entry of transactions into QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions & MAS 500.
PROJECT COORDINATOR II
• Support all Corporate Medicare Sales projects, performing a wide variety of complex assignments where judgment, initiative and confidentiality are required.
• Maintain physical and electronic documents, files and records (e.g. permanent files, policies and procedures, agendas, audio/visual tapes, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
• Prepare written materials (e.g. reports, memos, letters, revisions to contracts, reports, meeting packets, etc.).
• Present information on administrative procedures, services, regulations, etc. for the purpose of orienting other personnel and/or disseminating information to appropriate parties.
BOOKKEEPER & HR ADMINISTRATOR
• Responsible for all of the accounting functions for the organization, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, Federal & State income tax and employee payroll.
• Prepared monthly, quarterly & yearly financial statements for the Board of Directors meetings and other ad-hoc reports as needed.
• Petty cash, corporate credit card oversight, purchase orders, insurance billings and various reconciliations as needed.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining the membership database in Microsoft Access and the successful integration of the company's website and database.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR
DOWNEY SAVINGS & LOAN
• Responsible for the day to day supervision of four Customer Service Representatives including hiring, training, coaching & counseling.
• Worked with various businesses and high net-worth individuals to provide a detailed representation of various investment opportunities, risk analysis and monetary returns in order to present my clients with a clear picture of their respective financial situations.
• Balanced all branch monetary instruments and transactions, month-end reconciliation and teller cash tills in accordance with company policies.
Qualifications & Certifications
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more