• Accountant with 10+ years’ experience assuming increasing responsibilities in accounting, financial and banking with public and private companies as Accountant, Tax Professional, Senior Accountant, Treasurer, and Director of Finance
• Master’s degree in Business Management, Diploma in Accounting and Business from the Assn. of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA, United Kingdom, ACCA is the world’s most widely recognized accounting designation and has a reciprocal agreement with CGA Canada). All designations and degrees have been certified by the Government of Canada.
• Solid knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, IFRSs
• Accustomed to using highly sophisticated Enterprise software that interfaced with all corporate departments, specialized in finance, payroll and accounting with oversight of sales, purchasing and inventory. Expert level skills in Excel and MS Office Software, Quick Book, DT Max
• Demonstrated ability at increasing company’s profit by establishing internal controls to reduce variances, improving loan terms, controlling costs, investing of reserve funds
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Fluent in Farsi and English
Accountant with 10+ years’ experience assuming increasing responsibilities in accounting, financial and banking with public and private companies as Accountant, Tax Professional, Senior Accountant, Treasurer, and Director of Finanace
From January 2013
H&R Block has been serving Canadians for about 50 years. As the country's leading tax service company, we endeavor to help our clients build a better financial future any way that we can. From providing fast and accurate tax preparation services, to offering reliable bookkeeping and accounting support, our experts are committed to delivering assistance and solutions that are second to none.
• Worked as a Tax Pro entailing the preparation of tax returns, dealing with clients, answering a variety of questions relating to income taxes, and filing. Handled client inquiries and related administrative affairs
• Maintained ethical and professional standards when dealing with confidential client information
• Reviewed clients to obtain additional information on taxable income, deductible expenses & allowances
• Exceptional knowledge of federal, state tax codes to make sure that clients do not pay unnecessary taxes
Axle Manufacturing Company, Plc
VAMCO http://www.vamco.ir is Iran's largest heavy duty vehicle axle manufacturer, producing 150,000 units/year, working under the license of Daimler AG.
• Promoted from Accountant due to my work in taking the company public on the Tehran Stock Exchange, acted as the company's representative during this process and prepared all related documents and reports
• Increased the company's line of credit from 20m to 50m Euro and doubled our relationships with the country's largest banks from 4 to 8. This provided us with enhanced financing capabilities and created the opportunity for growth and development. This working capital was used to finance payments to foreign and domestic suppliers, establish letters of credit, and create credit lines to cover import duties
• Prepared, reviewed appropriate ledger entries, performed account analysis and reconciliations
• Prepared financial statements, cash flow forecast and annual budge
• Company's representative to the stock exchange and stock market. Controlled the shares register and shareholder's transactions, prepared budgets and scheduled dividend payments
• Hedged foreign exchange rates against supply costs from European, Chinese, and Japanese suppliers which due to a decrease in Iran monetary value resulted in a huge saving for our firm. We were the only division to exercise this policy and the savings to the company were very well rewarded
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE continued
Axle Manufacturing Company, Plc
• Hired on to assist the company to implement a switch over from a DOS based accounting system to a new SQL, network based cost accounting and accounting software. Researched, recommended and directed the installation. In charge of data transfer and ensuring the integrity of the data.
• Prepared monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, annual budget and tax return
• Ensured all financial procedures were in compliance with stock market regulators, IFRSs, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and country's tax law
• Controlled full cycle accounting procedures including AR/AP, treasury, sales invoices and share affairs
• Acted as a liaison with independent auditors and regulatory bodies
• Prepared and controlled account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statement and intercompany general ledger accounts on an accurate and timely mannered, administered payroll system
• Planned setup and administered accounting systems, policies, procedures, internal controls and recommended improvements to ensure the integrity of financial information
• Prepared quarterly purchase and sales reports and withholding tax payments
• Prepared the auditor working papers, required reports regarding annual and mid-year financial statements
• Registered the company's items of asset, month end fixed asset closing, journal entries, prepared depreciation schedules and calculated the depreciation and amortization reports
• Appraised company's projects through NPV and IRR methods and advised management on basis provided
• Entered inventory purchases and all related, month-end closing, reconciled accounts
Nargan Engineers and Contractors
Nargan http://www.nargan.com is one of the oldest and largest oil and gas companies in the country
• Responsible for changing the accounting system from DOS to Windows environment first staff trained on system and converted the accounts till go live.
• Maintained supplier accounts, processed supplier invoices, checked contracts, controlled the amounts due and the timetables thereof. Controlled the work progress statements and entered related general ledger
• Prepared account analysis, reconciliation and intercompany general ledger registration on a timely manner
Qualifications & Certifications