Claim you profile
I am a qualified painter and decorator to the standard of NVQ level 2. I have 10 years experience and have been working on my own as self employed but am now looking to join a team of workers to broaden my experience.
Ministry of Justice Portal
From September 2013
• Allocated a caseload on a daily basis which require to be verified based on the guidelines set by protocol periods.
• Identify issues within the files and escalate where appropriate.
• Submit files within deadlines to avoid breaches which can incur fines.
• Ensure clients are kept up to date with the progress of their claim by telephone and letter as method of contact.
• Advise clients of options available to assist them with the completion of their claim.
• Prioritise cases in line with urgent procedures and ensuring these deadlines are met.
• Provide products and advice in relation to legal expense insurance and after the event insurance.
June 2012 - September 2013
• Following procedures in relation to 2nd opinion cases and transfers. The reason why following the correct procedures is important is so work is completed on time and compliance is met.
• Identifying urgent issues which arise and prioritising my work load so it is completed on time if not ahead of schedule. Prioritising work loads in line with urgent matters that arise ensures no faults occur within the company procedures.
• Overtaking a role in relation to locating new Consultants so clients can be medically examined. This involves working as part of a team and to my own initiative. Attending to incoming new request and delegating them throughout the team members.
• Creating new and successful procedures in relation to locating new Consultants which has proven to be more structured.
• Always adding and updating procedures if I have identified any flaws in day to day routine work. Issues always will arise and a solution needs to be implemented so future issues can be dealt with more efficiently.
• Managing, logging and locating interpreters so clients can communicate better. This is always done in a quick and efficient manner to ensure the client are fully satisfied.
• Client retention and satisfaction are my strong points, always ensuring my clients are updated on time and always know what the next steps are. This is important as I believe a successful process is always achieved if clients and employees expectations are met.
File Reviewer and Limitation Auditor
February 2011 - June 2012
• Working as an Administrative File Reviewer on Litigated Cases. This is to ensure the work completed by Solicitors and Litigation Executives are being completed in line with internal procedures, and the procedures set by the SRA (Solicitors Regulation Authority).
• Overviewing all file reviewing within the company. This is to monitor the whole company is running smoothly in line with procedures.
• Also working as a Limitation Auditor. This is a job which involves key performance indicators. I would select specific details from the internal case management system and discuss cases with colleagues to monitor that work is completed in line with procedures.
• Managing my own work load in relation to timescales for myself and other members of staff.
• Creating detailed monthly timetables for work to be completed. This involves a lot of planning and organisation skills as I need to review peoples annual leave and available desk space.
• Logging and updating internal databases to ensure all work is recorded. Recording work is essential as this can be monitored in line with key performance indicators.
• Creating weekly and monthly key performance indicators and statistics for management.
• Assessing all incoming court post to ensure no deadlines are missed. This requires an eye for detail as if anything is missed it would cause great consequences for the company.
• Managing, logging and locating interpreters in a quick and efficient manner.
• Experience of working with and handling confidential data. Dealing with different levels of members of staff's personal performance statistics, ensuring these are kept private and confidential.
From August 2009
A full time position, I initially started as a receptionist and since then have progressed my career within the company to a file handler. I have worked in a total of 4 offices within various roles. Every office has varied in size, I have had to adapt to each one and have thoroughly enjoyed each challenge.
August 2009 - February 2011
• Developed new systems and procedures to improve the standard of administrative services. Always ensuring that these systems and procedures are maintained and reviewed efficiently and effectively.
• Preparing and handling sensitive documentation. This includes client's incoming post, photographs, evidence and medical records.
• Filling and recording correspondence.
• Delivering papers to court.
• Answering telephone calls from Clients and diverting calls to the appropriate file handler. Dealing and handling different situations using my own judgement to prioritise matters.
• Managing and arranging Client appointments
• Monitoring and recording employees time sheets
• Opening and distributing mail
• Photocopying as instructed with speed and accuracy.
Hull City Council
May 2009 - August 2009
• General reception duties focusing on customer care and confidentially.
• Daily reporting to management staff.
• Receiving telephone calls and assisting in queries with the general public.
• Delivering excellent customer service to ensure all customers are fully satisfied.
• Daily filing of confidential files, ensuring that data protection was not breached.
• Distribute the daily post to relevant colleagues.
November 2008 - May 2009
• Hitting QTR targets
• Meeting customer needs by engaging with the public and listening to their requirements.
• Cross selling to customer needs.
• Delivering excellent customer service which can generate future business or family/friends referrals.
• Enhance my selling techniques by being able to spend more time with customers when the shop is quiet.
• Cold calling customers to offer services available through the company.
• Ensuring all paperwork is completed and issued to customers within timescales where applicable.
Pro Sales Direct
September 2007 - November 2008
Sales advisor and Team leader
• Cold calling selling business to business, travelling throughout the UK.
• Interacting with a range of people from customers, employees to management level.
• Training and coaching employees daily, interviewing potential employees. Also giving warnings and disciplinary hearings if needed.
Inventory & Audit Services assistant
January 2007 - September 2007
• Following specific procedures to ensure the work is carried out in an accurate and timely manner.
• Working as part of a team to ensure deadlines are met.
• Operating a hand held electronic device to record inventory of various products.
Apprentice Painter and Decorator
January 2005 - July 2006
• Working as a painter and decorator within the construction industry has enabled me to expand my planning and organisational skills, ensuring that work is completed on time and within budget.
• Correct handling and storage of materials and equipment.
• Ensuring customer satisfaction at all time with workmanship and conduct.
• During my time in my apprenticeship I worked for the chain of hotels named, Holiday Inn, in the maintenance department. I also had he opportunity to develop my skills with a decorating firm named Frazer Lee Herrington where we worked on high end properties ranging from £500K to over 1 million.
August 2004 - April 2007
My first official role was part-time work whilst studying at college. I worked on 4 different departments whilst working there so I could gain more experience.
Responsibilities and achievements:
• As a customer assistant I worked on the checkouts, operating the cash registers.
• I developed my communication and time management skills through assisting customers.
• I had to ensure stock was full on the shelves to ensure customers received the best service possible.
• Learnt different skills, such as learning how to prepare fresh fish and poultry when requested to do so by the customer.
• I had to ensure that I maintained a responsible and flexible attitude at all times in dealing with both employees and customers.
• Reliability and trust were also important qualities that I had to possess in this job.
• Customer focus was a vital part of this job; I had to guarantee that customers' needs were continually met.
• Through working in this fast paced environment I recognise the importance of service.
Jobs in East Yorkshire
Jobs in East Yorkshire
Qualifications & Certifications
South Hunsley School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more