Claim you profile
Work with clients one-on-one to work on the clients healthy behavior change by challenging a them to listen to their inner wisdom, identify their values, and transform their goals into action. Health coaching use the principles of positive psychology and the practices of motivational interviewing and goal setting.
Girls Track Coach
Xavier High School
From February 2014
Responsible for teaching 9-12th grade girls the fundamentals of track and field.
Wellness Coach/Health and Fitness Coordinator
MercyCare Business Health Solutions- Contracted to Transamerica
From May 2013
• Work in the Corporate Wellness Department at Transamerica which employees over 4,000 people. Duties include wellness coaching, wellness consultations, management presentations on various topics, blood pressures checks, coordinate blood drives, massages, reflexology, and healthy initiative programs, and a variety of health and wellness services for the employees.
• Wellness coaching for employees who choose to take action on their health. Wellness Coaching varies from weight loss/maintenance, nutrition, stress management, smoking cessation, to eating disorders.
• Implement Wellness Programs throughout the course of a year. Duties include creating, marketing materials, administration of private weigh-ins, tracking of participants involved in the program (through Excel spreadsheet and web based tracking), creating and distribute articles and informative e-mails to participants. A few programs include: Weight Tracker, Team Up 2 Trim Down, Hold the Stuffing, WalkStar, and Road Trip.
• Instruct and coordinate health education services, teach weight training, conduct fitness assessments and health risk appraisals, which include height and weight, hip-to-waist ratio, skin folds and educate those who wanted to know what the standard measurements are and what lifestyle choices affect those measurements. Duties also include personal training employees and teaching a variety of fitness classes currently including Boot Camp and Cycling.
• Have created and implemented a live webinar
From November 2013
As a personal trainer I apply fundamental exercise science principles to design fitness programs that help meet health and fitness goals in public and private settings. Help clients to reach their individual fitness goals and they are responsible for using and promoting safe exercise prescriptions. Keep up to date with current industry standards and practices by completing periodic continuing education requirements.
MercyCare Business Health Solutions
November 2011 - May 2013
Professional Experience– Required vs. Preferred
• Work in the Corporate Wellness Department during Health2Work Assessments. Duties include blood pressures, height and weight, hip-to-waist ratio, skin folds and educate those who wanted to know what the standards were and what lifestyle choices affect those measurements.
• Create, coordinate, run Café Wellness meetings.
• Imputing and pack Biometric Screening results, make calls to clients about their blood work, and other tasks that need to be done.
• Have created and implemented presentations, and a live webinars.
• Give many presentations to Mercy Employees and community members.
• Instruct and coordinate health education services.
• Mercy Medical Center wide Program – Weight Tracker
• Teach weight training, conduct fitness assessments and health risk appraisals.
• Duties also include personal training clients and teaching a variety of fitness classes.
Qualifications & Certifications
Bachelor of Arts: Health Promotion, Emphasis on Health Promotion
University of Northern Iowa
University of Northern Iowa
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more