- Full time
- Part time
- One time
THE DAVID GROUP, INC
Responsible for managing DGI's contract department, from simple and routine to highly complex contractual. Worked remotely from the Seattle area for this Virginia Beach, VA based company.
• Directed the identification, development, approval and implementation of entire range of contract formation and administration policies and processes in accordance with customer expectations and corporate objectives requiring a high degree of independent and creative judgment applied to highest-level goals and objectives of DGI.
• Drove implementation of strategic contract opportunities with the most significant impact.
• Developed a contract matrix that enabled uniform implementation and identification across contracts for project managers.
Performed in a cross-functional role for other business elements including ethics compliance, risk management and EEO-AAP Coordinator.
• Provided guidance and leadership to cross-functional business team members.
• Executed mentoring and training responsibilities.
• Recognized and acted on the impact of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications, for example providing a risk assessment analysis and matrix for DGI.
Participated in development of business alliances, acquisitions and divestitures, source selection procedures and processes, make or buy determinations, and risk management directives.
The Coaches Training Institute
During this time, I obtained a certificate in Life Coaching which involved significant time and resource commitment with The Coaches Training Institute which involved a lot of travel. More significantly, I also completed an intensive year-long Leadership Program (my peers were CNN execs, IBM execs, etc.) in San Francisco through The Coaches Training Institute. (CTI).
Business Development for Supporting EPA Regulations
CLEAN AIR ENGINEERING, INC
• Established key national account, with sales in all locations.
• Identified and analyzed sales opportunities.
• Brought in over $100,000 in sales in three months.
• Provided market research for strategic alliances.
CORPORATE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS & ASSOCIATES, INC
Responsibilities for this small start-up venture included standard contract and guidelines development, fee negotiation and determination, policy development, and new business development.
• Provided leadership in developing new business through extensive networking.
• Developed marketing campaign to generate sales and corporate awareness among potential clients.
Business Development Executive
SAE CARLSON DESIGN/CONSTRUCT CORPORATION
Responsible for selling and marketing company services to various public corporations and government agencies, both Federal and local resulting in sales in all of those markets in excess of $5 million.
• Orchestrated strategic alliance with vendor in key market segment generating leads and sales.
• Streamlined proposal process reducing minimum response time from two days to four hours.
• Developed exclusive relationship with client to eliminate bidding process.
• Created a quick response, high accountability customer service system to solve client problems and facilitate future business opportunities.
Acting Business Unit Manager/Marketing Associate
Responsible for all aspects of sales and marketing to the Department of Defense for this engineering firm.
• Successfully laid groundwork to build and grow business with the Federal Government, achieving a short list status on 80% of all proposals submitted.
• Managed the proposal process from bid decision through contract negotiation.
• Developed system for instantly updating company capability records, increasing competitiveness.
• Responsible for sales and marketing of control systems for select vertical market.
• Identified and analyzed market opportunities, risks and requirements.
• Facilitated client focus groups to develop national marketing strategy.
• Provided market research for national training sessions.
• Wrote client profiles to facilitate top-down sales strategy.
• Represented Honeywell at national trade-shows and conventions.
Provided marketing representation for twelve different Honeywell divisions from the Philadelphia field office. Responsible for maintaining knowledge base of various Honeywell products and capabilities, as well as in-depth customer management.
• Managed a sales quota of $30 million annually.
• Prepared and submitted multi-million dollar proposals to select customers including BMY, Frazer Volpe, General Electric and the U.S. Army, Air Force, and Navy.
• Gathered market intelligence and improved relationships with new and existing clients.
• Responsible for setting strategic goals and objectives.
Responsible for all aspects of subcontract management of vendors including accurate product and delivery.
• Analyzed, prepared and edited technical assistance agreements for NATO subcontractors which obtained U.S. government approval.
• Prevented discontinuation of program by facilitating vital exchange of information between U.S. Army and German subcontractor.
• Prepared and submitted contract awards to selected domestic and overseas subcontractors including Hughes Aerospace and Mesherschmidt-Blockow-Blom.
• Re-negotiated the production and delivery schedule with a NATO subcontractor with no "add-on" costs to the original contract.
• Prepared a $5.5 million dollar purchase order that maintained design flow between Honeywell, Inc. and Hughes Aerospace.
Provided cost estimates to proposal teams, maintained computerized document status accounting system, and monitored and controlled technical...
Production Control Coordinator
CONTROL DATA CORPORATION
Maintained a computerized inventory control system to ensure production efficiencies.
Qualifications & Certifications
University of St. Thomas
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more