AIX Administrator L1
Completed AIX OS administration course,UNIX flavors AIX 5L v 5.2 & 5.3,
• IBM p Series Server Build, Upgrades/Migrate AIX Operating SystemsTL Patching for AIX 5.3
• Installing AIX in Complete over write, preservation and migration modes.
• Monitoring performance of AIX servers, Memory, CPU, Network and Disk activities and analyzing these reports and finding any issues that occur.
• Working on paging spaces, analyzing the usage, increasing, decrease the paging spaces etc.,.
• Configuring interfaces, new devices installation and configuration.
• Finding hardware and software errors using errpt and taking necessary actions to fix if any errors occurred.
• Disk replacement techniques, replacing fault disk (mirrored or non mirrored).
• Working on issues on related to volume management, file system management.
• Fixing booting problem, working with bootlist, bosboot commands, fixing fileystem integrity issues by running fsck.
• Migrating AIX 5.2 to AIX 5.3. Upgrading TL or ML, Service packs, APARs, and installing other third party software.
• Configuring volume groups, logical volumes, filesystems and working with these and fixing any issues that occur.
• Configuring system backup (mksysb), exclude files or directories from system backup. Backing up user defined volume group using savevg
• Scheduling job using cron utility.
• Working with NFS, configuring NFS shares and mounting NFS filesystems and working with related issues and fixes