Sustainability Professional and Assessor
Sustainability Professional, Environmental Management
Profile / Biography of Kaustubh Phadke
I did my bachelor degree in Environmental Engineering from Shivaji University, Kolhapur, India. I stood third in the University merit list in 1999.
I was selected through campus recruitment in Bosch Limited (Formerly MICO) at their Nashik plant near Mumbai. I joined as Graduate Engineer Trainee (GET) the EPR department and my responsibility was
• Implementation of ISO 14001
• Over-checking the operations of Sewage Treatment Plant(STP), Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP), ultrafiltration unit and
• Liaisioning with State Pollution Control Board
My key achievements in Bosch was ISO 14001 certification of Nashik plant and recycling of waste/used oil in machines through vacuum refining process.
Later I joined advance wastewater Technology Company named Wytewater. I was a project engineer and responsible for design, commissioning, execution of packaged drinking water projects ‘Oxyrich’ and wastewater recycling plant. In addition, I was also conducting treatability study of industrial wastewater through pilot projects. My key achievement was commissioning of 6 packaged drinking water plants. On-line lime treatment of 24,000m3/day water treatment plant at pulp and paper industry.
With on field experience, I decided to learn the management consulting in environment. I joined Environmental Management Centre (EMC) and here I worked on variety of projects, right from consulting in Rain Water Harvesting projects & wastewater reuse to applying Sustainability Assessment of Technology (SAT) methodology in treatment technology sector. I successfully completed a few projects of unique nature such as
• UNEP, DTIE – IETC Mission to Vietnam as technical consultant in designing of Rain Water Harvesting (RWH) system and waste water reuse for a sugar industry
• Strategic Planning to Pollution Control Boards (PCBs) in India
• Benefit Monitoring Evaluation (BME) study of Japanese bank of Industrial Credits (JBIC) & ICICI bank industrial credit for cleaner production industrial projects & urban environmental infrastructure facilities
• Management consulting in implementation of ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and Integrated Management System (IMS)
I joined Larsen & Toubro (L&T) in 2007 with objective to work in the Corproate sustainability domain as L&T was about to start non-financial reporting. My responsibilities in Corporate EHS department are,
• Preparation of Corporate Sustainability Reports as per GRI guidelines
• Development of Sustainability data management protocols, guidelines and audit procedures
• Internal assurance of Sustainability reports
• Sustainability Roadmap Development and implementation
• Apprising top management on Sustainability, voluntary CSR guidelines and providing recommendations to businesses on sustainability & EHS practices
• Representing L&T in various forums and to institutional investors
• Implementation of Sustainability initiatives (carbon sequestration, Zero Discharge, renewable energy and zero waste) across businesses
• Carbon footprint mapping and CDP response
• Developing & conducting training programme on sustainability, Human Rights and EHS
• Provide corporate services in ISO-14001
• Liaison with state and central environmental regulatory agencies
My key achievements are
• Prepared L&T’s Corporate Sustainability Reports having GRI – A+ level
• Carbon footprint mapping of L&T at organization level as per ISO 14064 – Part I
• Received significant Awards and accolades on Corporate Sustainability initiatives
• Rating to L&T in the top 10 of Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI – 2010), UK, based on CDP response
• Developed Environmental and Social Risk Management framework
• Implementing Zero wastewater discharge Approach at Powai Campus and achieving zero wastewater discharge status at 15 campuses
• Received ‘Water Efficient Unit’ award for Powai Campus, in 6th National Award for Excellence in Water Management 2009 from CII- Godrej - GBC
• Identified cleaner technology projects and systems having Good environmental management practices
My objective is imbibing sustainability culture in businesses through clean technologies, stakeholder inclusiveness and capacity building.
My other interest areas are Cricket, Reki and Travelling
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more