Claim you profile
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Private Sector Housing Team Leader
Bromsgrove District Council
August 2007 - April 2012
• Full management role for a team of Environmental Health Officers and Building Technical Officers, responsible for interviewing and releasing officers from duty.
• Attended House of Commons to present legislative changes to Caravan Site (Control of Development Act) 1960, live television broadcast with Q&A from 10 MPs.
• Author of all policies, strategies, action plans procedures and documentation relating to Private Sector Housing within Bromsgrove District along with presentation to Cabinet
• Author of all procedures and documentation utilised by Worcestershire Home Improvement Agency and the six Worcestershire Local Authorities during the Disabled Facilities Grant process.
• Approval and technical advice relating to the legal requirements and schedule of works relating to Disabled Facilities Grant and Discretionary Grants
• Monitoring, management, approval and reconciliation of grant budgets up to the value of £1.5m per annum
• Author of a Countywide Private Sector Housing Strategy and Action Plan.
• Key member of project management team for several Worcestershire projects; Warmer Worcestershire 2009, Countywide Stock Condition Survey, re-commissioning of Home Improvement Agency.
• LEAN systems thinking undertaken for all aspects of Private Sector Housing, a presentation and report was made to both Worcestershire Local Authorities and Senior Management team.
• Development and manager of contract framework, undertaken procurement for certain Disabled facilities works. I am currently leading on behalf of Worcestershire Local Authorities in the procurement of such items across the county.
• Reporting on Key Performance Indicators at a National, Countywide and Local level.
• Management of the Empty Properties register, initiatives and enforcement activity for all empty properties throughout the district.
• Inspecting all types of dwellings ascertaining compliance with Housing Act 2004 the Housing Health & Safety Rating System and the Decent Homes Standard.
Housing Standards Officer
July 2006 - August 2007
• Responsible for licensing and inspecting all Houses In Multiple Occupation and Mobile Homes located in the Bromsgrove area.
• Delivery of enforcement advice and guidance on housing standards in line with the Housing Health & Safety Rating System.
• Service of Statutory Notices, warrants and prosecutions
• Risk Management Officer
• Undertaking Fire Risk Assessments on behalf of Hostels run by the LA.
• Specific Electrical training for HHSRS
General Environmental Health
June 2004 - July 2006
• Defined and documented revised processes for the department.
• Charged with reviewing planning applications.
• Investigated drainage complaints and assessed level of pest control.
• Risk assessed Private Water Supplies.
• Investigated noise and pollution control.
• Performed Housing inspections, enforcement of advice and guidance on statutory nuisances.
• Undertook on call out of hours duties.
• Service of Statutory Notices, warrants and prosecutions.
• Equalities Champion for Planning & Environment Service, writing all Equality Impact assessments for the service
May 2002 - September 2003
• Mandatory placement in Environmental Health Department of Bromsgrove District Council.
• Exposure to all aspects of an EHO's working day.
• Undertook 4 months within a slaughterhouse to obtain ancillary Veterinary qualification within the Meat Hygiene Service.
Private Sector Housing Officer
Bromsgrove and Redditch Councils
• Senior Housing Inspector for all dwellings across Bromsgrove and Redditch Councils
• Project Officer aligning Private Sector Housing, Housing Options and Housing Benefit services and systems
• Development of Redditch Borough Councils Bond Guarantee Scheme
• Submission of bids to DCLG for Private Sector Housing initiatives
• Landlord Liaison Officer for both Councils
• Illegal Eviction and Harassment Officer for both Councils
• Inspecting officer of Local Authority owned property for compliance during re-occupation, DFG viability and complaints
• Development of locality initiatives e.g. area of highest need programmed inspections and tenant advice
• Development of Affordability assessments for Redditch and Bromsgrove Private Rented Tenants in line with the Local Housing Allowance and securing tenures
• Project officer for Transformation of services
• Gained greater understanding of homeless decisions utilizing the Homelessness Act 2002 and Housing Act 1996
• Inspection of Temporary Accommodation and development of Bromsgrove and Redditch Discharge Duty Policy
• Development of joint Landlord Steering Group and Landlord Forum with NLA, Bromsgrove and Redditch Councils
Qualifications & Certifications
Walton High School
Redditch and Bromsgrove Council
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more