I am a highly skilled worker, I have an advanced diploma in disability work, trade certificate horticulture and now certificate 4 small business. I have 30 years work experience and also an arts degree.
I have 15 years work experience in the horticultural trade.
Acting House Supervisor 2014
June 2014 - June 2014
Salmond St Deer Park. 3A House
October 2009 - May 2010
Intellectual Disability Support Officer
From July 2006
6 weeks). Kendall St. June 2008 to June 2009. Holden St Sept-Oct 2009.
• Intellectual Disability Support Officer 2A/3. Holden St. Level Two First Aid.
HOUSE SUPERVISOR TASKS:
• Consultation and communication. Daily basis and meetings. Networking.
• Stakeholder support.
• Action Plan, planning and delegation.
• Printed memos from Emails, filing.
• CERS training and balancing. Financial planning and running sheets.
• Completing reports. RIDS, daily recording and incident reports. Community Visitors forms
• Advocated for persons with a disability.
• Organise specialist medical assessments, CHAPS & NASIC.
• Liaised with managers and CERS officer.
• Variations &EMS
• Ensure quality support for service users. Rights, Dignity and Respect.
• Conflict resolution. Conveyed assertiveness principles & positive thinking.
• Ensure Occupational Health and Safety in the SSA.
• Ensure confidentiality and privacy.
• Follow House Supervisor Manual.
• Client focus, Person Centered Planning, assessment and ran IPP meetings.
• Support people with a disability to medical appointments.
• Collate hospital reports to present to managers.
• Concise Incident reports
• Resource networking
• Advanced Diploma.
• Stakeholder networking, funding opportunities
• Risk assessment of cycling
• Duty of Care issues
• Networking- council, club and association level.
• Public speaking
• Policy analysis, Planning.
• Manage organizational change
• Complex needs issues
• Systemic Advocacy
• Business planning and assessment.
• Computer Experience: Word, Excel. Created a Gant chart, Prince 2 (Project Management). Email.
• Other experience with DHS. DDSO2A & DDSO1Q
• Use communication aids / signs/ created as required. Non verbal communication.
• Ask persons with a disability what they like/ dislike/ what they want/ what they need
• Support personal choices and goals. Community integration. Networking external agencies to find resources. Build relationships.
• Dual Disability. Behavioral Management...
Casual Disability Development Support Officer
House Supervisor 2011 (Acting 3A): Holden St, 1 month. Bakers Rd 1 month 2011.
Direct Care Worker
Residential Units. Worked with people who needed behavioural support & personal care.
ATTENDANT CARE AUSTRALIA
In-Home Support Worker and patient escort. MECWA.
PH 9602 5550
• Note taker at Victoria University and Latrobe University.
Hands on manual handling quadriplegia - wheel chair
2000 & 2002 PH 9481- 2355
• In home support worker. Personal Care.
• Transfer Skills and Training. Physiotherapy, Bowel Care.
• Hands on manual handling quadriplegia - wheel chair
Cycling and Disability
Comprehensive study of community organisational networks and occupational health and safety.
Qualifications & Certifications
Certificate 4 Small Business
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more