District-level responsibilities include monitoring and training Walgreens Store Managers at 37 Austin-area locations in proper Physical Inventory preparation and protocol; attendance at Annual Physical Inventories to ensure completion; creating performance improvement plans at poor-performing inventory stores for performance improvement and follow up; Recruitment Representative at the University of Texas and surrounding universities on behalf of Walgreens Company; hiring and training of Shift Leaders and Assistant Managers for the district, executing the annual three-month summer training program for all new salaried Assistant Managers; improving district-level employee engagement for annual Gallup Survey results, and the district-level promotion of Walgreens Immunization Program for the Austin Area.
Store Manager responsibilities include achieving and exceeding yearly sales targets, Profit & Loss statement analysis and planning; creating daily, weekly, and monthly delegation lists, maintaining Texas State Board of Pharmacy Certification, providing exceptional customer & patient service, hiring & training new staff for successful store and pharmacy operations, continual training and development of staff for retention, scheduling, adhering to set payroll budget, merchandising to increase sales in multiple departments including front-end, cosmetics, photo, pharmacy over-the-counter and pseudoephedrine departments, monthly review of Operating Statements to identify opportunities and strengthen financial standing, supervising completion of planogram resets for all store departments, stockroom maintenance, maintaining proper inventory levels by season, ordering inventory, receiving warehouse & distributions, collaborating with and managing vendors, conflict resolution, reducing shrink, inspiring staff to earn high ratings on receipt surveys, participating in community events on behalf of the company, and recruiting university talent.
District Inventory Supervisor and Store Manager
January 2010 - February 2014
* Manage Store Operations and Pharmacy Operations
* Physical Inventory Supervisor/Liaison for 37 store units in Walgreens Austin District 235
* Top store for Sales Percentage Increase for three consecutive years 2011-2013
Easter Egg Hunt Coordinator
April 2010 - March 2013
* Organized an employee-sponsored Easter Egg Hunt for 4 Consecutive Years
* Employees donate over $400 yearly to purchase eggs, candy, and toys for over 50 neighborhood children.
* Event is for South Austin community, since few options exist for egg hunts each year in this area.
Executive Assistant Store Manager
January 2007 - January 2010
* Merchandised Seasonal Aisle in three store locations
* Supported pharmacy in 2008 through our first Flu Shot rush season
* Tested late and extended hours on Christmas Eve in 2009
* Drove new merchandising ideas such as wrapping paper in front aisle in 2009
July 2006 - January 2007
* Assisted Store Manager and Executive Assistant Manager with inventory control
* Organized stockroom to improve accessibility for pulling bays
* Maintained flexible work schedule through Christmas season, contributing to strong staffing support
Customer Service Representative
May 2003 - December 2005
* Provide excellent customer service to Hollywood Guests
* Perform inventory assessment
* Top performance award for Austin district two consecutive years
Qualifications & Certifications
Pflugerville High School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more