Claim you profile
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
University of Hull
April 2012 - April 2012
My research involves psychosocial and behavioural aspects of long-term skin conditions; promoting evidence based patient self-care and well-being. My business background enables me to facilitate partnerships between personal care business and academia, within the scope of the new Institute of Skin Health.
Currently bridgeing the Faculty of Health and Social Care and HONEI project.
Consulting; Scientific Writing; Innovation and Insights in Skincare
May 2010 - May 2010
My approach is unique in combining hands-on clinical expertise and science to deliver innovative solutions to unmet customer needs.
My goal is to bridge the gap between the skincare consumer or beauty therapist and the skincare industry. I actively pursue the role of a Key Opinion Leader in the field of functional skincare.
I have my own business
From February 2009
Independent Skincare Consultant
April 2007 - April 2007
Consultant to the skincare industry and the general public. See PROFILE for details.
Business Development Analyst
Smith & Nephew Ltd.
August 1998 - September 2006
Early Concepts Specialist/Business Development Analyst (May 2003 – Sep 2006)
- accountable for evaluating new business opportunities and transforming customer needs and/or technology solutions into robust investment proposals
Secondment in Clinical Research (Nov 2002 – Apr 2003)
- coordinating a recruitment drive for future clinical trials in the new EU territories
Strategic Marketing Project Leader – Active Repair (Apr 2001 – Oct 2002)
- role focused on market research/customer needs, market intelligence, trends forecast, identifying clinical and commercial priorities in different market segments, new concept testing and external networking.
Principal Development Technologist (Aug 1998 – Mar 2001)
- work in the area of wound prevention at the early conceptual stages of NPD; focus on skin metabolism, transdermal delivery and non-invasive diagnostics
Meilahti Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
August 1995 - August 1996
Phase I clinical research
Vänttinen K, Moravcova J. Transdermal absorption of phytoestrogens. Pharmazie 2001:56(9):711 – 7.
National Training Manager
October 1994 - December 1997
- accountable for timely and effective training of the salesforce for optimal franchise of the Juvena/La Prairie brands
Vänttinen K. Czech Cachet: Small is Beautiful. International Cosmetique News 1997:16:47 – 8.
Qualifications & Certifications
Vysoká škola chemicko-technologická v Praze
Industrial Placement at Juvena/La Prairie (Beiersdorf AG), Zurich, Switzerland
Industrial Placement at Shiseido Inc. Ofuna, Japan
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more