Claim you profile
Key and Functional Skills Tutor
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Delivery of Maths, English and ICT at different level for different types of student who are on the various programmes that are offered at college. Assessing, IV'ing and invigilating are inncluded as part of the position as well as mentoring and training staff to develop more.
August 2013 - February 2014
Signing up of new students, creating time tables, booking courses and exams. Assessing competency units with BA, CIMA, CFAB. Mentoring students. Keeping and updating e portfolios, taking part in webinars
May 2013 - July 2013
to students with personal difficulties, training, creating resources adaptable to the students and creating workbooks. Keeping student records and relevant paperwork. Ensuring all awarding body criteria reached by students
May 2012 - August 2013
Bristol Oncology Centre taking part in skincare and makeup sessions to ladies going through cancer treatment.
Key and Functional Skills Lecturer
March 2012 - June 2012
Responsible for the delivery of both Key and Functional Skills to different level students specialising in following subjects; Animal Care, Construction, Horticulture, Maintenance, Waste Management.
• Creating various exam, test, task and research resources for students
• Researching and locating various information using the internet
• Assessing students course work and providing guidance, support and feedback
• Ensuring all awarding body criteria was reached by students
City of Bristol College
September 1998 - March 2012
Key Skills Co-ordinator and Functional Skills Programme Manager
Responsible for delivering both Key Skills and Functional Skills to 200+ students from Entry level to Level 2, in Math, English and Information, Communication and Technology.
• Assessing and Internally Verifying students portfolios
• Visiting other sites to monitor the progress of staff, students and overall transport faculty
• Developing and creating resources
• Leading a team of functional skill tutors on multi sites
• Liaising with awarding bodies in the development of assignments
• Within the groups I have worked with, have been students with ADHD, students who have hearing impairments and students with learning difficulties
• I was able to build a strong, professional relationships with both students and colleagues alike and would often be approached by students who would seek both personal and professional guidance
• I attended various training courses to keep up to date with any standardisation changes
• I wrote and developed the relevant level assignments over the three disciplines, which were Maths, English and ICT.
• I have also developed and maintained a database tracking students' results within the faculty
• All of the above, results in above benchmark attainment of Key Skills and Functional Skills within the faculty.
• I attended monthly manager meetings and was involved in filtering key information regarding students and faculty development.
Key Skills Lecturer
Whilst working for Gordano Training I taught the required Key Skills levels to students with behavioural difficulties.
• Helping students with their portfolios and assessing completed portfolios
• Creating resources for students to assist them in developing their knowledge and education
• Collating information using various media, including text books, the internet and other sources
• Helping to familiarise students to the outside world by means of visiting local places; theatre trips and coffee shops and developing domestic skills
Previously - Ultra Glow Cosmetics - Area Manager
Duty First Aider
1992-1995 - Great Western Trains Welcome Host Supervisor (3 ½ years)
This position included welcoming people from trains and aiding them with their forward journeys
• Part of the Customer Action Team, which involved dealing with passengers from delayed trains
• Additionally, part of my duties included Station announcing
• Duty First Aider.
Previously - Ultra Glow Cosmetics - Area Manager (3 ½ years)
• Consistently achieving sales targets
• Recruiting and training staff - placing adverts in the most read papers - keeping within given budget, reviewing application forms and CV's sent (from advert), going through shortlist process and contacting potential candidates for interview, arranging interview premises, interviewing potential candidates and drawing up short list for position, recruiting and informing the staff they are successful, going through induction and training with them
• Extensive travel
Previously - Bourjois Cosmetics - Area Supervisor (3 ½ years)
• Consistently achieving sales targets selling into stockists
• Training staff (as above - recruiting process)
Previously - British Olivetti Ltd - Installationist (7 years)
• Installing computers into organisations
• Training staff on payroll, sales/purchase ledger, nominal ledger
• Specialised in job costing
• Keeping up-to-date with new software development, attending in-house training school in Hazelmere, Surrey for training, which included: Train the trainer, telephone techniques and product knowledge. I was also involved in travelling extensively within my given area and staying away from home.
Qualifications & Certifications
Bath Spa University
Institute for Learning
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more