Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
(A MEMBER OF HOODVIAN) - Buyers
Merchandiser @ Koggala Garments (PVT) LTD
March 2011 - August 2013
GEORGE (UK), DUNNES STORES (UK), next (UK), ORCHESTRA (FRANCE), GLORIA VANDERBILT (UK).
• Arrange the Marketing Costing bargaining with supplier prices & buyer prices.
• Product develop - fallow the sample steps with all accessories including print, EMB & appliqué etc.
• Prepare the final Costing, get the approval from relevant managers & process the purchasing ( Apparel SYS - ERP )
• Achieve P C D with all trims & accessories.
• Purchase the goods on time.
• Comply with the customer requirements and production plan, allocate orders, in order to ensure to achieve production/ budgeted targets. ( With the advices from the relevant Seniors & the managers )
• Attend to daily production issues in areas such as quality, Merchandising, pattern amendments, deliveries in order to ensure customer requirements are met.
• Coordinate with relevant departments such as cutting, embroidery, printing, dye posses and store, follow up input/output issues in order to meet the deliveries.
• Follow the production plan & evaluate material consumption & communicate with relevant departments to advice/recommend alternate routes where necessary and to improve the best utility of materials.
• Attend to Quality issues and systems in order to produce garments at the highest quality level.
• Ensure effective resolution of operational issues/make decisions in order to meet organizational goals and objectives.
• Maintaining Visual effects on local Buyers as "ODEL" & "SPRING & SUMMER"
• Control the stocks & do the necessary things for the non shipped garments under the approval of managers & the directors.
Koggala Garments (PVT) LTD
May 2010 - March 2011
(A MEMBER OF HOODVIAN) - Buyers: - GEORGE (UK), DUNNES STORES (UK), next (UK)
Fabric Utilization Officer (Cutting Co-coordinator)
NEXT Manufacturing (Pvt) Ltd
October 2009 - May 2010
Cutting Department Assistant in NEXT Manufacturing (Pvt) Ltd, Katunayake.
• Responsible for all fabric utilization issues effect to the cutting production.
• Arrange Daily Cutting target according to Fast React Evolution ( ERP )
• Co-ordinate with Merchandising dept.
• Chase the cut balances.
• Chase fabric related issues with fabric inspection dept.
• Chase fabric related issues with Fabric mills.
• Co-ordinate with fabric stores.
• Co-ordinate with marker room.
• Preparing management reports doing by cutting dept.
• Participate to arrange daily cutting target.
• Order complete confirmation.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Ability to work as a team player and to take leadership to achieve a common objective.
• Willingness to undertake risks and responsibilities and embrace change.
• Ability to work long hours under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent computer literacy skills, analytical capabilities, report writing and presentation skills.
• Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Fluency in both English and Sinhala languages.
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more