Member, Child Welfare Committee (Bench of Magistrates), Nirmal Chhaya Complex
From July 2009
Organization: Child Welfare Committee set up under Juvenile Justice Act 2000 by Dept. Of Women & Child Development, NCT, Delhi
Position held: Member, Child Welfare Committee (Bench of Magistrates), Nirmal Chhaya Complex, Jail Road, New Delhi
• Exercising the powers and discharge the duties in relation to child in need of care, protection, treatment, development and rehabilitation
• Provide respite to the emotionally distressed child with compassion and warmth
• Direct the Officer-in-charge of children's homes to receive children requiring shelter and care
• Direct the Child Welfare officers or Probation Officers or NGOs to conduct social inquiry and submit a report to the committee to decide further plan of action for child's rehabilitation
• Direct the probation officer/Welfare Officer to submit investigation report of abandoned/ relinquished child to declare him/her free for adoption under the provision of JJAct and CARA guidelines
• Direct the Childline/NGO to rescue children indulge in child labour/ Immoral traffic
• Direct the Police personnel to take legal action against employer, placement agents, trafficker in child labour/domestic child labour cases and get child's wages & compensation recovered as per the judgement of Delhi high Court.
• Assessment of a child (victim under POCSO Act 2012) who needs care and protection and place him/her in children Home and provide a support person to render assistance to the child through the process of investigation and trial.
• Coordinate with Child Welfare Committees of other states to rehabilitate the child to his/her state of origin.
• Inspection of Children Homes (govt./ NGO) on a regular basis and recommending new fit institutions to the State Govt.
• Liaison and net work with corporate sector and non governmental organizations working in related fields
Central Adoption Resource Authority
August 2007 - November 2007
Organization: Central Adoption Resource Authority, under Ministry of Women & Child Development: CARA is the central authority that is a supervising body for Inter country adoption and does lot of programs for promoting In Country adoption. It gives recognition to Indian as well as foreign organizations to engage in Inter Country adoption.
Worked on a project related to adoption and assisted in issues related to In Country and Inter Country adoption.
Holy Cross Social Service Centre
July 1997 - July 2007
Holy Cross Sisters are running various welfare programs all over the world. It is a Christian organization and has their mother house in Switzerland. Holy Cross Social Service Centre is an NGO that mainly runs child welfare program from its New Delhi Office. It has various programs mainly Adoption both at National and International level, Sponsorship program for children from lower income group families and Day Care Centre for children of working parents especially mothers coming from Lower strata of our society. It also has old age assistance program.
Position held: Adoption Officer
• Working with abandoned & destitute children (newborn-10 years). Making efforts to trace the biological families in case of lost children
• Preparing Child Study Report of children declared legally free for adoption.
• Registration of families for adoption and preparing home study reports of prospective adoptive families by assessing their psycho-social, educational & family background.
• Counseling of prospective and post adoptive families about adoption and related matters
• Counseling of children and preparing them to join their respective families.
• Dealt with different health issues including AIDS especially with children including infants.
• Liaison with various International Organizations involved in adoption program from Europe, America and Australia.
• Coordinating with Child Welfare Committees, Adoption Coordinating Agency (ACA), CARA, Central Govt. & NGOs.
• Engaged in court proceedings related to adoption. Assisting the families to adopt a child under various laws (Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act, Guardianship and Wards Act, Juvenile Justice Act).
• Satisfaction in completing the adoption process and finalizing the rehabilitation process of child in a family environment
• Documentation & maintaining the statistics of the adoption program.
• Preparing/writing reports on adoption program.
• Organizing training programmes for the staff of...
Education Social Worker
January 1996 - October 1996
• Liaison with implementing partner (YMCA) to provide educational assistance to refugees at the primary and secondary level.
• Provide information to refugees on neighborhood schools admission procedures, vocational training and employment opportunities & allocation of funds.
• Counseling to refugee parents, students and also to teachers to deal with the problems of refugee students.
• Intensive counseling given to academically backward students.
• Identify institutions for vocational training.
• Keep liaison with placement agencies and also assisting refugees to find suitable jobs.
• Assist implementing partner in scrutiny and processing educational bills.
• Documentation and report writing
March 1991 - October 1996
UNHCR in New Delhi is set up for refugees from different countries. It mainly looks after the refugees from Afghanistan (original Afghanis as well as Indian origin Afghans) and also Somalis, Burmese, Iran's etc. The legal Dept of UNHCR gives them refugee status and community centers take care of their day to day needs with the help of implementing partners.
Assistant Social Worker
March 1991 - December 1995
• Counseling to individual refugees for their emotional, economical, health, social, marital problems etc.
• Organize programs for refugees (recreational & vocational).
• Coordinate with team of Primary Health centre.
• Tapping community resources for individual refugees.
• Handle emergency situation at community level.
• Identify and use leadership among the refugee community.
• Preparation of reports for refugees for their refugee status and recommendation for subsistence allowance.
• Maintaining accounts and preparing budget for the community centre
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more