A Supply Chain Professional with 15 years of experience in Logistics / Supply Chain Management with exposure to operations in various industry verticals
Having worked in different environments (Manufacturing / Trading / 3PL) have created / managed efficient & collaborative supply chain’s that was flexible to all business requirement.
Expertise in formulating the sourcing plans / strategies and vendor identification / development with focus on strengthening bottom-line
Domain expertise in Imports & Exports Management, Inventory Management, Warehousing & Distribution Management, Global Freight Management, Plant Logistics, Service Parts Logistics, Reverse Logistics, Logistics / Operational Planning, Multi-modal Transportation etc
Logistics / SCM
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Logistics Manager - India
Apple India Pvt Ltd
June 2010 - September 2014
Apple designs iMac the best personal computers in the world along with a revolutionary iPhone and computing devices with iPad.
Chief KRA: -
• To manage India Supply Chain independently and align processes with EMEIA logistics.
• To work on re-designing the Supply Chain with future growth and India projects in mind.
• Plan and implement the Supply Chain setup for new sourcing points in China / US.
• To achieve E2E logistics TAT for India @ 98% from all OEM's to Customers all over India
• Manage warehouses at 7 locations (6 states) in India for both FG / Service Parts Biz.
• Manage service parts business with 98% parts on time in full (OTD) delivery to ASP's.
• To ensure compliance in terms of customs / documentation / products / processes.
• To liaise with Business partners / ASP's and understand Supply Chain requirements
• Distribution of Finished goods to Partner warehouses across India in 10 different states.
• CIP initiatives on an ongoing basis (2 per quarter)
• Monitor all orders from Allocation to PO to Delivery to partners for on-time fulfillment.
• Set up a Weekly / Monthly India Dashboard and share with both India / EMEIA Mgmt.
• Work closely with 3PL's / Local customs / EMEIA customs group on HS code
classification and keep up to date on compliance with custom laws, notifications.
• To drive overall ownership of day-to-day DC activities of AppleCare / FG warehouse.
• Develop SOP's & document processes for all Supply Chain / logistics related activities.
• To work on projects like India Phase II, India Hub and online store projects for India.
• Manage domestic distribution for service parts (100 + Locations) and FG across India
ensuring OTD performance meets Apple expectations.
• Manage in-transit and warehouse losses to ensure Apple is fully protected.
• CRU process for full unit capturing and replacement within advised TAT from Singapore.
• Handle the entire merchandising logistics and last mile...
Logistics Leader, India
G. E Plastics
July 2008 - June 2010
SABIC Innovative Plastics is a world leader in providing engineering thermoplastic material
solutions in more than 60 countries worldwide.
Chief KRA's and Job Profile
• Developing Logistics & Supply Chain Strategy / Roadmap for the organization & aligning
them to Business Goals and increase supply chain efficiency
• Initiating, planning and implementing various Logistics systems & procedures to achieve
corporate business targets through operational excellence.
• Responsible for developing Supply Chain & Logistics budget for India.
• Strategic planning for warehousing, logistics and finalizing Vendor base for all Business.
• Manage the entire logistics operations for the organization which includes imports,
exports, customs, inventory, warehousing & domestic distribution
• Handle imports (around 200 containers & 100 shipments per month) to all the major ports in India (6 ports and 5 ICD's) & also a small volume of exports.
• Handling customs / excise for the plant & entire DGFT (licensing) operations.
• Manage plant logistics & also 8 warehouses across India for distribution of goods.
• Prepare & submit monthly MIS reports on all aspects of logistics like warehouse
utilization, inventory and stock transfer movements.
• Negotiate contracts of freight rates for primary, secondary distribution and 3PLs (W&D).
• Initiate and implement Total Cost Out (TCO) programs / Review and manage supply
chain cost and expenses to identify cost saving opportunities and identify efficiencies.
• Identification of non-moving & slow moving stocks and help in liquidation planning.
• Develop reports for inbound / outbound Freight and carrier on-time performance Matrix
• Responsible for Coordination of Sea & Air Imports from Pick up at origin to delivery at destination warehouse with a 6-member logistics team.
• Final Responsibility in terms of Planning, Distribution and Logistics functions by ensuring the availability of the products at the right location...
Manager - Logistics Planning
February 2007 - July 2008
Gujarat Glass Ltd, a part of Nicholas Piramal group, manufactures glass-packaging containers for cosmetics & pharmaceuticals market. GGL exports around 500 TEU / month to 50 + countries
• Manage the global freight management budget for GGL (40 Crores)
• Logistics planning for 2 plants and ensure that the planned sales targets / containers
were achieved thru interaction with marketing, plant logistics & production.
• Dealing with Shipping Lines & Freight Forwarders to ensure best freight rates and timely
shipment of export consignments which includes signing of long term contracts with lines.
• Coordinating with Custom House Agents / Transporters and other external agencies for ensuring timely clearances and materials dispatched as per our internal planned dates.
• Negotiation and finalization of transporters / C. H. A for various ports.
• To proactively inform the final consignee of any logistics issues / challenges & also
ensure hassle free service as per the terms of sale.
• To plan & implement one new initiative every two months
• MIS to top management on a monthly basis w. r. t logistics cost, traffic flow pattern,
ocean freight trends, buffer yard charges, detention & savings on new initiatives.
• Streamlined the shipping process to expedite the loading of 300 containers per Month & thereby reduced the container Detention charges by 40%.
• On time Container placements (100%) in factory for the last 9 months (Two factories with 60% of exports happening in the last one week).
• Started moving boxes thru Mundra port, Pipavav port & ICD Baroda with 25% reduction in transport & CHA cost with an over all target of moving 50% of total exports for 2008.
• Achieved a reduction in Shipment lead-time from 11 days to 7. 9 days average from container stuffing date to ETD, which leads to faster realization of remittance.
• Reduction in number of containers in buffer yard from 33% in 2007 to less than 20% in 08
Asst Manager - Supply Chain
Maersk Logistics India Ltd
December 2003 - February 2007
Development (P&O was taken over by Maersk). - Supply Chain Development (SCD) was formed to help the existing clients in analyzing their supply chain and increasing the efficiency of the same.
• Manage and run assigned Supply Chain Development projects & conduct Supply Chain
Health Check(TM) for existing & potential future clients.
• Research and analyze the clients supply chain to identify new development opportunities,
evaluate the feasibility of those (both for the client and for MLOG) and sell the solutions.
• Demonstrate Value Additions to the clients and drive pricing towards being value based.
• Account Manager for major accounts like Cummins IPO, TACO (all J. V's), JCB. (P&O)
• Managing the business development team & initiatives across Western India (P&O)
• Responsible for the yearly FYF / budgets for western India & the business plan (P&O)
• Part of the team in formulating Supply Chain solution for a major Automobile client & an
Auto Ancillary client and to reduce logistics cost.
• All India Launch of our new product called "AUTO LOGIC" - A global logistics solutions for the Indian Auto component Industry, successfully (P&O)
Asst. Manager - Business
Total Logistics India Pvt Ltd
December 2001 - November 2003
Development & Operations (West). - A 3PL organization offering Customs Clearance,
Transportation, Warehousing & Distribution,
• Managing business development initiatives across Western India region.
• As Account Manager for key accounts like LG, Valvoline Cummins, involved in
Warehouse Process Improvements & developing new solutions for clients.
• Conducting cost analysis for warehousing and distribution for new projects.
• Formulating different reports and process (KPI's) that would assist the customer in analyzing the cost associated with our services & performances.
• Monitored operating performance and recommended cost savings and profitability
improvement strategies for projects for Valvoline Cummins, Arcus etc.
• Planning and coordinating end-to-end implementation of warehousing projects like The
Bombay Stores, Arcus, Valvoline Cummins, and Chitsakthi Publications.
Qualifications & Certifications
(Chemistry) Bharathidasan University
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more