Claim you profile
An experienced and versatile Professional Leader and Administration Manager gained as an Army Officer and more recently as HR manager of civilian staff. An accomplished leader with proven track record of consistence achievement to the highest performance standards and accustomed to working to tight deadlines and budgets. A dedicated and loyal person with an high level of self discipline, adaptability and tested organisational qualities.
Civil Labour Officer
British Gurkhas Nepal (BGN)
Up to March 2012
Directly responsible for HR management of over 350 local civilian staff employed by Ministry of Defence (MoD) UK in Nepal in support and delivery of key functional outputs of Recruiting for the Brigade of Gurkhas in the British Army, payment of pensions to the retired Gurkha soldiers and welfare support for service personnel throughout Nepal.
• As head of HR, pay and personnel management of all local civilian staff in BGN in line with the MoD UK policies and local regulations and employment legislations.
• Provision of advice on personnel matters including staff appraisal, grievance and disciplinary procedures, recruitment and promotion, career development and training.
• As Resource Manager, responsible for annual budget of over £1.5M in staff salary and allowances. Ensure that all payments of salaries and allowances were accurate and on time with necessary/correct paper work.
• Interface with Civil Secretariat in MoD UK by facilitating annual pay review and on budgetary spend and risks and cost pressures on regular basis.
Senior Gurkha Officer
Queens Gurkha Signals Regiment
Joined Queens Gurkha Signal Regiment in 1971 and trained as a Telecommunication Technician (Radio). After a successful technical career achieved commission in to officer rank in 1988 and held the appointment of Unit Assistant Education Officer, Troop Commander and Squadron Second in Command. As a Troop Commander, led a troop of Gurkha Signallers during the first Gulf war providing strategic communication support for Headquarters British Forces in Saudi Arabia, Oman and Bharain. Finally in 1996, selected against fierce competition to become the Gurkha Major (GM) of Queens Gurkha Signals Regiment, top position that every Gurkha soldier aspires to reach. As the Gurkha Major:
• Responsible for advice to Senior British Officers in all aspects of Gurkha matters relating to policy, doctrine, ethos, culture, tradition, welfare, Terms and Condition of Service of Gurkha personnel including their career development.
• Instrumental in moving the Regiment from Hong Kong to the United Kingdom on closure of Hong Kong in 1997 and on staffing the new Terms and Conditions of Service for Gurkhas.
• As the Gurkha figure head, worked closely with Army Welfare Services (AWS) for the provision of welfare support to Gurkha soldiers and their dependants. Experienced numerous issues especially when a large number of families arrive in the UK.
• Established an excellent relationship with Local authorities and communities on various matters regarding Gurkhas and their dependant(s).
Royal Signals Telecommunication Technician (Radio) Class 1
City & Guilds Telecommunication Technician C (4th year)
Jungle Warfare Instructors
Qualifications & Certifications
British Army School Singapore
Colleges and Charities
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more