Procurement & Asset Management Specialist
A solutionist that specialises in Procurement and Supply Chain operations recovery, and asset management and disposal. I typically work on an interim/contractual, consulting , project or outsourced basis
For further information visit my Linkedin Profile or my business websites www.procurementsolutions.wozaonline.co.za
Contact Karl on 082 393-3685 / firstname.lastname@example.org
ROULET & ASSOCIATES
June 2012 - August 2013
Karl was responsible for key deliverables within foot printing corporate identity, developing and implementing company administration processes, policy and practice, company and operational strategies, recruitment, joint ventures and new business development, contracts & legal, company networking and client liaison for an emerging practice.
Barnchase Management & Associates (BCM)
March 2010 - November 2011
• Originally associated as a senior/Lead procurement consultant on a collaborative project basis from 2004.
• From 2010 Karl was appointed full time Executive Associate (Procurement/SCM) to operationally and strategically lead, define and develop the operational supply chain/full value procurement and fleet solutions business unit. Note: Executive Associate is equivalent to General Manager/Directorship depending on corporate structure.
• Managed all client based transformation projects within Procurement, Supply Chain and Fleet Management
• Also was Lead member of the product development team responsible for innovative ‘go to market’ service offerings within Procurement, SCM and Fleet.
• Held various strategic executive responsibilities with key deliverables concentrating on developing and improving the practice on a cross board basis.
CONTRACTED PURCHASING SPECIALIST
LG Engineering (PTY) LTD
September 2008 - November 2009
Contract consulting position to fast track all Purchasing activities to provide exceptional backroom support to the company’s manufacturing and sales environments.
KARL FURRUTTER CONSULTING
January 2003 - November 2011
• An “independent” solutionist specializing in change management within all critically inter-alia strategic and tactical aspects of Procurement and various specific disciplines of SCM.
• Worked on an individual or in conjunction with a self- appointed and managed team of fellow specialists.
• Also worked on a collaborative and project partnering basis with other consultants and consulting houses, as the individual project dynamics may dictate.
• Operated at an executive and senior management relationship level with his end clients.
• Where feasible, Karl took on interim management assignments to fill unexpected departure gaps and other such requirements, either in his personal capacity or through placing of an associate to execute the assignment.
PROJECTS PURCHASING MANAGER
NATIONAL DATA SYSTEMS (PTY) LTD
July 1997 - March 2002
•Managed an IT hardware buying team responsible for the operational purchasing support of maintenance commitments to several 'big name' retail and banking clients which included Nedbank, Standard Bank, Pick n Pay and Game.
Procurement Transformation and Operational Setup Team Leader
INTEGRATED COMMERCIAL SERVICES (PTY) LTD
April 1995 - June 1997
•Started as Procurement process transformation and operational setup consultant.
•Promoted to Transformation Team Leader in 1996.
DULUX PAINT (PTY) LTD
April 1993 - April 1994
•Paint formula ingredients and plant maintenance buying.
•Critical to certain aspects of academic studies (linked to a graduate training programme).
FURRUTTER & ASSOCIATES
Karl works on a stand alone and collaborative basis specializing in all critically inter-alia strategic and tactical aspects of Supply Chain, Procurement, General Business Operations and Development, as well as Asset Disposal
Below are listed eight examples of project types I have been involved in over the last 12 years as an independent consultant. Further information can be obtained from viewing my CV on my linkedin account.
I am open to opportunities to work directly for or in association for recruitment consultancies, consulting firms or in association with other professionals within my field of expertise.
All inquiries and communications are welcome on
Asset redeployment and Disposal
Various projects over the years relating to the redeployment/better utilization of company assets. Various asset disposal projects that have included capital equipment, aircraft, motor vehicle fleets, fixed property both commercial and residential etc
To source critical and rare components materials in support of production operations nationally and globally, whilst ensuring that these components and materials met with prescribed quality benchmarks and delivery expectations.
To develop a Code of Ethics for Procurement and implement it. To investigate breeches of Procurement ethics and to then to assist in enforcing disciplinary or legal action against the transgressors
Skills Requirement & Analysis
To access and advise the client on skills and expertise requirements to transform their procurement activities to" best in class". To develop benchmarks to achieve this objective.To establish a training programme for current staff and and to oversee and manage the recruitment process for new talent that met the predetermined skills for best in class Procurement
Policy and Procedure Change
Reviewed and re engineered critical aspects of Procurement Admin Process to quicken the process of order turn around, expediting,reducing time commitment of senior purchasing executives on tactical issues such as signoffs etc. Other goals of assignment was to reduce the cost of the Procurement Administrative Process and software re evaluation.
Re engineered Procurement and Supply Chain strategy to make it more competitive and cost effective with regards reducing overall cost of operations
Assisted private clients in disposal of private assets ranging from commercial and private property, vehicles, boats, art and furniture.
Furrutter & Ass specialise in disposal of personal assets, concentrating on clients that are emigrating, and Deceased Estates.
Asset Strategy Consulting
Assist corporate clients on redeployment strategies to best utilise assets and various other related strategy counselling on the management of assets.
Corporate Asset Disposal
Assist corporate clients in the disposal of assets ranging from office equipment, fleet, capital equipment to aircraft.
Please contact Karl at Furrutter & Ass directly on 082 393-3685
Third Party Contract Management
Negotiated and managed third party contract manufacturing and assembly capacities, saving 9% over company owned capacity, and reduced inventory holding by 25 % to minimise inventory risk, as well as developing a tiered multi- national supplier platform to minimise the operational supply risk component by 60% for the first 5 months of implementation.
Policy & Process Engineering
Process and policy re engineering resulting in cross board SCM efficiency improvements of 45% and cost reductions of 33% over period of appointment
Qualifications & Certifications
NATIONAL DIPLOMA PURCHASING MANAGEMENT
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more