I built upon broadcasting experience with 8 years ago through working with one of the biggest system integrator company in Egypt as a System Design engineer and field support engineer, part of the projects for biggest full HD and SD channels in Egypt. The support role involved system design, project installation, faultfinding and solving system integration problems, other duties. Within this role included upgrades, providing technical, and operation training. A significant part of the support involved integration with third party systems such as automation, San Storage and postproduction facilities. Also deep knowledge With Newsroom Production Systems like “Avid inews ,VSN news system “ all of that gives me excellent ability to perform accurate diagnostic troubleshooting and repair procedures of Broadcast. This side of my work gives me the ability to build up and make design solutions for any types of Studios, Playout ,Mcr,News, Automation and virtual studios.
In the other side of that moved to be operational In addition to than all that experience that I had form the projects with the company so that moved to the biggest full HD channels in Egypt.
- From 2006 till 2007 joined to Ch6 that it’s track with ERTU.
- From 2007 till 2010 worked with “ BrainWaves System Middle East “ as a system design engineer and Technical support engineer” I had a great chance to do biggest media channels in Egypt (system design, Project drawing , installation , project management, and training stuff )
-In 2009 , choose to work in BrainWaves As a part time with my work in channel (Nour EL Donya)
This channel, which has smart solution with Virtual Studio.
-In 2011 till now moved to the biggest full HD Channels in Egypt ( Sada EL Balad ) it’s a complete solution For three full HD channels.
Each of these roles gives me exposure to working and understanding of a significant number of the systems
April 2011 - January 2012
• (October 2010) - Xenon Router, SPG, VIP, DSK (Evertz)
• (April 2011) - Pebble Beach Automation and media management.
• (January 2012) - Grassvalley on T2, Kayak SD/HD Vison Mixer.
Evertz Product Overview was on Turkey 2009.
Broadcast Studio Engineer
Sada EL Balad
Job description: -
Forming part of a core team responsible for Studio and On Air programs, virtual studio setup, take Responsibility for the day to day support of the broadcast systems within the facility, supporting the Broadcast Hardware Environment and Software Systems to ensure the successful smooth running of the Channel. Acting as the 1st and 2nd line support for all aspects of Broadcast in a 24 hour operation, have previous experience of working within a fast paced environment as part of a team, with the ability to efficiently overcome any issues to ensure the channel remains on air.
Overview on the System:
Full HD Channels with Playout center for three channels:
• Playout consists of: -
- K2 Grassvalley San storage with three clients for three channels.
- Ingest area including many different formats with HD XDCAM, DVCAM, DV .etc, Sony HDW M2000, M2000p series, Sony DVW.
- Brainstorm on air graphics for playout and studio
- Quantel server for news application.
- Modula's with different types (Evertz - Grassvallley)
- Pebble beach automation system for full control of (Servers, Router, Graphics, VTR's)
• Control room:-
- Vision Mixer 2.5 ME Kayak HD Grassvalley with 5DPM and Ram Record.
- 8 Cam GrassValley LDK8000 HD and LDK400
- 3 infinity camera series used also as a studio camera.
- Studer Audio Digital Mixer.
- Virtual studio system for 3 cam.
- 2020 Video passport conversion Evertz.
- 4 Ericsson broadcast receivers and 1 app for news (feeds).
- V-air system that used for transmit any live event through internet.
- Auto cue system (teleprompter).
- T2 Grassvalley for Playback in control room.
- Xenon Evertz router 128 * 128
- Yamaha analog audio mixer for backup and also for music party on air.
- Ultimat for Virtual studio.
- Modular with different types Mux - De Mux - .etc Grassvalley and Evertz.
- XDCAM sony cam for External imaging.
- Extron Conversion.
• Post production:-
- (10 final cut studio - 2 smoke -2 off air graphics -preparation...
MCR and Playout Engineer
Nour EL Donya Channel
Forming part of a core team responsible for MCR, Playout and Virtual Studio.
Overview on the System:
• Two K2 SD stand-alone server (main and backup)
• Ingest area integrated with final cut to server with formats DVCAM, DV, ..And Sony DVW M2000.
• Sony XDCAM - Sony DVW M2000.- Infinity GrassValley Cam.
• On air graphic BrainStorm for playout and studio.
• Post production (3 final cut)
• Modular with different types.
Broadcast System design and Field support Engineer
BrainWaves System Middle East
This company one of the biggest companies in Egypt of turnkey solutions for Audio & Video Broadcast/IT including Studios Production, Post Production, Master Control Rooms, Continuity, Automation, Media Asset Management, archiving etc.
My Responsibilities included working with profound knowledge and ability to install, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot, including information systems. Supporting in many different products such as Grass Valley, Sony, Yamaha, Studer, Harries, TSL, Pebble beach, Evertz, Ultimate, Quantel, TV logic Etc
My experience that I had in this period:-
- Have a deep understanding of the digital television technology and IT converged Broadcast System.
- Depth Knowledge in Media solution (Studios, Virtual Studios, Servers, Automation, Newsroom Production Systems like that "Avid inews, VSN news system " MAM, Archiving, etc)
-Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to design Video studios.
- Write technical specifications and make quantity take offs.
- Technical skills, ability for analysis and synthesis.
- AutoCAD and Microsoft tools.
- Ability to efficiently work with people from different disciplines &varying degrees of technical experience
- Efficient communication skills, Team player & well organized.
- Control of my work independently.
- Fluency in English.
-Management all belongs the projects from installations, drawing and checkup Drawings etc.
- Meet customers to consultation for make the best solutions regards to the customers' requirements from design and build systems for playout, Mcr, Studios, On Air Graphics, Virtual Studio and Post Production.
Reference list of some projects that I had a role in the design and installation with the team:
• EL Hayat Channels (4 Channels)
• Modern Sport (3 channels)
• Nour EL Donya channel
• Sada EL Balad (3 full HD channels)
• CBH biggest post production site in Egypt ( Tarek El Arian)
On Site Training:-
Studio Engineer at Channel 6 (ERTU)
Responsible for Studio and On Air programs, Support with all the technical problems that faces post production, linear and nonlinear editing.
TSL EL Sweedy
Responsibilities included Sales and pre-sales for fiber optic cables, supply and installation, Data network solution - wireless communication solutions
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more