Claim you profile
My name is Karen I currently work for a merchandising company on a part time bases. However I would like to have a full time role in either merchandising or field sales.
I have a wide range of experience in the retail sector, from managing a merchandising team,to being an assistant manager in a card store. I have worked on many different accounts for example hair care, books, DVDs, mobile phones and gift cards. I also headed up a team, to train independent retailer how to implement a new government based scheme for pay point. So as you can see I can work as an individual as well as in a team.
Merchandiser, Team Leader, Assistant Manager
Services Innovation Group
From August 2004
04 - Date
Radius House Area Co-Ordinator
51 Clarendon Rd (Cameras, MP3, Sat Nav)
Hertfordshire (All Phone Types Gift cards )
Watford Part Time 30 +
June 2004 - February 2005
Orchard Street Part Time
Bristol 12 hrs +
July 2004 - January 2005
Thames (Sewing Assess.)
Middlesex Part Time
TW16 6RT 20 hrs +
May 2003 - February 2004
Thames Part Time
Middlesex 16 hrs +
June 2003 - May 2004
The Poplars (Books, Hair Assess.)
Nottingham (Sewing & Pet Access.)
NG7 2PW Part Time 24 hrs +
September 2000 - June 2003
Wallace Avenue 8-16hrs Part time
March 1996 - August 2000
Ards Shopping Centre Part Time 16 hrs
Newtownards Assistant Manager
Bagpuss Gift Shop
August 1994 - March 1996
Frances Street Part Time
Newtownards 20 hrs
Bangor Nursing Home
March 1993 - December 1993
January 1992 - March 1993
Greengraves Part Time
Dundonald Night Duty
Mr & Mrs Collins
August 1989 - August 1991
January 1988 - January 1989
Ballyholme Esplanade Full time
May 1985 - April 1987
Bangor Hospital Full time
November 1984 - May 1985
October 1984 - November 1984
Banks Nursing Home Part Time Temp
• I have gained a broad range of experience since being involved in the retail sector from 1994. I enjoy working with the public and providing a good and efficient level of service to my customers no matter who they are, whether it is the general public or a client.
• My experience is in working both as an individual, when merchandising and in retail sales, also as part of a team as the SIG Area Co-ordinator.
• As a merchandiser I have worked for different clients from itunes, books, dvd's, cd's, mobile phones, dog accessories, hair care make up and gift cards
• As Area Co-ordinator I have managed staff for over eight years and in this role I have been involved in inductions, on going training, leave management, as well as auditing staff competency levels.
• I am able to manage my own time and journey plans as required as these can change from week to week.
• While in the working environment I deal with all levels of management, both instore as well as the client themselves.
Team leader for training independent store
I headed up a team of 15 people in N. Ireland and Wales to complete a training programme in an 8 week period. The team and myself had to book and train over 538 store. I also had to deal with any issues that came up from both retailers and staff. Part of my job was also to complete accompaniments to make sure that the stores were getting a good service from the training they received. We completed all calls in time.
Qualifications & Certifications
North Down & Ards Technical College
Bangor Girls High School
Clandeboye Primary School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more