Claim you profile
Have been in health care for over 30 years. Even though I am not formally trained in interior design, it is my passion, something that I am extremely talented at, and something that I would like to pursue in the near future. I have excellent administrative skills and would like to combine those skills working for a company involved with interior design, real estate -- home staging for sales, etc.
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Senior Academic and Surgical Coordinator
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Chief of Urologic Surgery (Emeritus)
• Schedule surgeries, procedures, Radiology testing, participate in 3 clinic sessions per week
• Preparation of clinic charts, clinic letters, scanning of all patient records
• Interact with patients in clinics and by telephone
• Responsible for processing all medical and legal reviews, article reviews and papers
• Work on projects using my creative talents and ability to work independently within an established timeline
• Schedule travel and arrange reimbursements
• Responsible for payment of dues, license renewals, etc.
Executive Assistant, Chief of Urologic Surgery
Division of Urology
Residency Coordinator, Division of Urology
• Organized Chief's schedule, Liaison to in-house and external faculty and staff
• Worked with Administrative Director making decisions regarding faculty and staff needs, patient concerns
• Scheduled all surgeries and procedures for the Chief
• Assisted other physicians in the group with any special requests, issues, etc.
• Excellent dictation skills - typing of medical and legal reviews and all other correspondence related to Division activities
• Cancer course planning, receptions and recruitment dinners for faculty, residents' graduation events
• Coordinated all recruitment activity for the Division
• Responsible for schedules for visiting physicians or fellows, medical student rotations
• Travel arrangements and reimbursement for the Chief
• Residency Coordinator - worked under Program Director, responsible for 12 residents during PGY years 2-5, which encompassed setting up rotation schedule, completing paperwork for rotations and license renewals, keeping track of residents' reporting activities in New Innovations, organized resident rounds and conferences, involved in ACGME site visit planning, organized residency program interview days and match planning
Executive Assistant, Chairman
Department of Pediatrics
Tufts-New England Medical Center, Floating Hospital for Children
• Large volume typing - medical papers, book chapters, slides and meeting materials, manuscripts
• Liaison between Chairman and ten Division Chiefs
• Interfaced with Department Chairmen from outside institutions regarding mutual meetings, projects
• Scheduled all domestic and international travel, in house and off site meetings
• For Chairman's role as Adjunct Professor of International Diplomacy at the Fletcher School at Tufts University assisted with gathering course materials and organizing course syllabi for students, setting up outside lecturers, interacting with staff and students
• In Chairman's role as President of the International Pediatric Association, typed all correspondence, set up international meetings with UNICEF and WHO representatives
Tufts-New England Medical Center
• Worked "mother's hours" in the Department of Quality Assurance inputting patient data into a then "new" computer system for the hospital. Assisted three nurse reviewers.
Administrative Assistant, Director
Employee Relations, Human Resources
• Prepared Affirmative Action reports, MNA contracts, handled worker's compensation and unemployment claims for regular and nursing staff
• Supported three recruiters by placing employment advertising in local newspapers, answering and routing appropriate calls from potential applicants
• All typing for the Director and recruiters
Qualifications & Certifications
Boston Business School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more