Claim you profile
Certified Payroll Professional
American Payroll Association certified
August 2012 - July 2013
Okemo Mountain Resort, Ludlow, Vermont • an all season mountain resorts - close to 2,500 employees in peak winter season. - Over see a staff of one Payroll Assistant. My role includes the following responsibilities such as payroll systems administration, garnishment analyst, staff accountant, tax preparer and payroll administrator. Preparation and Validation of payroll reporting information before it is present for external review. Processing and distributing of three company bi-weekly payroll operations, payroll funding reporting and execution, tax preparation and submittals, personnel file preparation and maintenance, data entry, and general ledger account reconciliation.
MANAGER OF CORPORATE PAYROLL SERVICES
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc
August 2009 - July 2012
The largest wholesale grocery company in the U.S. over 16,000 employees. - Over see a team of 11 individuals with varying responsibilities such as system administration, garnishment analyst, staff accountants and payroll specialists. Mentor to new Payroll Supervisor during the first year of hire as well as additional team members assigned to this position during the first year of hire. Validation of payroll reporting information before it is present for external review. Main administrator for the company's Travel and Expense reimbursement system and corporate card system (IBM and American Express). My role provides the director of payroll assistance in large projects that may require the entire Payroll departments team efforts for new pay concepts and other various projects such and the addition of new companies to the organization.
INDEPENDENT PAYROLL CONSULTANT
April 2008 - January 2009
Consultant - Interim Payroll Manager
Force Protection Industries, Inc
August 2008 - January 2009
Ladson, South Carolina • Manufacturer of vehicle armor plating and roadside bomb disposal systems. 1,500 employees. - Contracted for Directed payroll operations and 3 team members; ensured timely processing of payroll. Developed and implemented strategies to maximize compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements for benefits / compensation and taxation. Analyzed past payroll operations and enabled correction of discrepancies and lack of documentation by spearheading an audit in cooperation with ADP; built an Access database to recreate payroll operations. Conducted research and prepared reports for senior management. Investigated and completed audit of the 2008 401(k) contributions for employee/employer. Aided in the creation of an audit process per pay period to ensure proper handling of changes, deductions, and remittance of contributions to the 401(k) Savings plan. Additional project work included audit of Stock Option processing and its recognition and reporting with the payroll software. Created procedures when options were exercised by employees. August 2008 through January 2009.
Schneider Regional Medical Center
April 2008 - August 2008
Saint Thomas, Virgin Islands • Leading hospital and cancer treatment facility. - Contracted to advised client on deployment of scheduling software enabling alignment of staffing levels with patient demand. Evaluated solution and created training strategy with software vendor and client management. April 2008 through August 2008.
THE METHODIST HOSPITALS, INC
Gary, Indiana • 2007 to 2008
Premier regional healthcare organization with 2 hospitals and 2,400 employees.
Oversaw payroll operations, special projects, and 2 team members. Leveraged Meditech for payroll and Kronos for time and attendance. Managed employee / unemployment filings, payroll deductions, benefits / compensation, and tax filings. Assessed performance and delivered reports to management.
• Generated a ~ $1M cost savings by resolving enterprise-threatening IRS employment tax issues including delinquent filings, insufficient payments, and failures to file / pay (Form 941, W-2s, and payments for 2002, 2003, and 2006); achieved compliance (also with SSA and State) after performing comprehensive reconciliation and obtained abatements for majority of penalties / fines.
• Benefits administration for employee savings plans - worked with 401(k) and 403(b) agents to develop and effectively administer through HR and Payroll to increase participation and decrease response time between deduction and remittance.
• Benefits setup within payroll systems for processing and remittance to benefits providers. HRIS utilized in information gathering data for analysis and budgeting.
• Led transition to new payroll / HR system (Meditech) while managing department during staffing reduction (from 3 to 1) without loss of quality and efficiency.
• Decreased department's error rate by implementing a culture of quality and accountability.
• Minimized delays for receipt of payments by optimizing / clarifying job descriptions and procedures.
Chicago, Illinois • 2006 to 2007
Payroll firm serving United Center concessionaire, the Chicago Black Hawks, and an AHL franchise.
Employed ADP PayeXpert and Ultipro to process payroll and manage benefits / compensation. Entered payroll into G / L and filed / paid taxes. Devised payroll manager policies and best practices.
Performed G / L functions for all organizational properties. Performed reconciliations in cooperation with property manager. Oversaw G / L for a physician group. Tracked variances and prepared budgets.
Payroll Analyst & Senior Accountant
EVANSTON NORTHWESTERN HEALTHCARE / NORTHSHORE UNIVERSITY HEALTHSYSTEMS
Healthcare services provider with 4,000 employees.
Managed payroll processing for 4,000 team members in collaboration with 2 colleagues. Conducted Kronos audits. Drafted correspondence. Oversaw garnishments and distribution of deposits / checks. Worked hand in hand with compensation department to develop and administer compensation plans within the payroll systems in a non-union environment.
Crown Point, Indiana • 2001 to 2003
Not-for-Profit organization working with Autistic individuals in home settings and the gaining of and retention of employment.
Payroll Clerk. Leveraged Access to monitor staff hours. Processed payroll and benefits for all employees. Earned an award for outstanding performance.
KANKAKEE SCHOOL DISTRICT
. Implemented automation by transitioning from paper to Excel-based reconciliations.
• Benefits administrator - Set up and administered Section 125 plan, retirement plans, and savings plans.
• Developed and introduced annual employee benefits fair by utilizing unused employee unreimbursed medical monies to provide free flu and pneumonia shots to all employees, included companies that provided our 403(b) savings accounts an opportunity to set up booths, included companies that promoted general health and welfare to our employees such as a local workout facility and Seattle Sutton that help promote health eating.
• Set up and administered annual open enrollment by meeting with all employees to inform them of options available to them. Balancing of deductions to enrollment and maintained an accurate account pay period by pay period.
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Phoenix
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more