Orewa Primary School
August 2013 - September 2013
January 2012 - December 2012
Kaipara Flats School
January 2011 - December 2011
January 2010 - December 2010
Kaipara Flats School - Ipods/Ipads classroom experience
Dance and Drama
I took part of the middle syndicate team, that put together a musical production
using 110 children to perform to the community.
• Children will learn in a nurturing, positive and cheerful atmosphere.
• The environment will incorporate creativity, imagination and exploration in different areas of learning.
• It is important to continually evaluate and assess programmes and children's progress.
My style of teaching caters for:
• Corporate and collaborative group work
• Encouragement of independent learning by individuals.
• Flexibility when catering for a wide range of talents, interests and abilities.
• Creating opportunities for children to practise making decisions.
• Up-dated assessment of children's progress for National Standards system.
I believe in setting the right environment at the start of a programme, where the boundaries are discussed with the children and parents. This strategy allows a culture of respect between the teacher, children and the parents to develop and continue for the year.
By offering opportunities and challenges children will be equipped to use skills in their future so they can play a vital role in our changing society. I believe children have the right to an education that will enable them to reach their potential and I am able to provide this opportunity.
• Attention to the general welfare and discipline of students - providing a safe and balanced environment for children and supporting the school's 'Behaviour Management Policy' would be an important aspect of my professional responsibility.
• It is my duty to give children the required education for their level and ability.
• I am prepared to undertake regular training to improve professional competence and performance.
• I am dedicated to the 'life-long learning' of children.
March 2009 - December 2009
July 2008 - October 2008
August 2007 - September 2007
Dairy Flat School
Assessment for Learning and I.C.T
I.C.T. observation of I.C.T. programmes and equipment at other schools.
Implementation and maintenance of Peer Mediation
Programme within the school.
Curriculum Interests and Strengths
Language I have attended courses held by Gaye Byers on
Language Across the Curriculum and have taken part in ongoing
literacy programmes such as Assessment for Learning during my
Numeracy Programme 2004 (Dairy Flat School)
Reading Recovery Professional Development programme
I gained great satisfaction in the results of such intensive teaching.
Health I have taken an interest in Physical Education
Programmes and attended courses taking whole school aerobics
(Jump Jam). I have taken responsibility for the syndicate jump
rope programme. I also enjoy teaching the classroom aspects of health such as "Healthy Eating" as well as implementing Peer
Mediation programme's within the school.
Dairy Flat School
January 2003 - December 2006
Y1, Y2, Y3
January 2000 - December 2002
N/E Y1, Y2, Y3
Language - "Literacy Across
In School - Regular classroom observation amongst other Staff Colleagues.
Anne Maree Western visiting to discuss oral lingual individually.
Maths - Ray Wilson (2 sessions) A.N.P. - Advanced Numeracy Project.
Qualifications & Certifications
Spotswood College, New Plymouth
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more