Comprehensive expertise in new product development/launch, commercial assessment, and marketing strategy development across a variety of therapeutic areas with an established reputation for strategic thinking, client focus, technical competency and innovative research methodologies. Proficient in qualitative and quantitative techniques including discrete choice, positioning, segmentation, forecasting, competitive intelligence and direct-to-consumer campaign development. Strong leadership, analytical and people skills and focused on bringing actionable information solutions in order to optimize strategic decisions and increase profitability.
Market Research Consultant Healthcare, Pharmaceutical & Biotech
Strategic Marketing Research Consulting, including new product launch planning & promotional strategy development.
• Acting as Market Research Consultant lead US strategic market research activities for product launch of a new allergy therapy including Market Structure/Sizing, Patient Flow, Pricing.
• Consulted on Forecast Model structure and assumptions.
• Developed and facilitated initial template for US Business Plan including SWOT and facilitated brainstorming sessions. Developed Briefing Book for Agency/Vendor on-boarding.
• Initiated or managed and delivered primary research findings on Pricing, Market and Product Profile Assessment.
• Interact regularly with senior management including President and CEO.
Sr. Manager - Global Market Research and Analytics
• Lead all qualitative and quantitative US market research projects for Saphris® (anti-psychotic)
• Identify research needs, develop marketing research plans and assessed required budget to provide strategic directions and insight to marketing teams particularly to:
• Develop the optimal communication platform to differentiate as much as possible Saphris® (positioning, concept testing, message testing)
• Conducted specific projects to contribute to key brand projects with recommendations based on market insights and customer understanding (new creative for physician and patient communications).
• On-boarded new brand team and creative agency with current knowledge and understanding of customers (e.g. patient journey, physician-patient dialogue, physician and patient segmentation etc.) and antipsychotic market.
• Integrate information from secondary, primary and competitive intelligence to deliver market and customer insights to reinforce product strategies
• Initiated development of brand book for ophthalmology product, conducted patient reading comprehension study of current package insert
• Cited by Sr. Management and peers for accountability, cross-functional collaboration and coaching of others.
• Contributed significantly to the development of market performance dashboard to track and assess key metrics such as product growth and awareness for key brands.
Sr. Manager - Global Market Research
• Lead US strategic launches and brand development for Saphris® (anti-psychotic).
• Lead all aspects of market research for antipsychotic, including the identification of market research needs, design, execution and interpretation in order to provide strategic directions and insight to marketing teams for:
• Development of the optimal US and Global communication platform to differentiate the brand (segmentation, positioning, concept testing, message testing, visual aid and patient materials)
• Partner with cross-functional teams and agencies to define issues, objectives and report to stakeholders all market research results and competitive issues.
• Manage annual budget working with internal partners to ensure adherence to established target spend.
• Coordinate competitive intelligence portal utilizing a combination of secondary and primary data sources for Neuroscience. Worked with vendor to customize and maintain CI portal with links to competitive, government and commercial sites.
• Member of US Region Core Brand Team for antipsychotic franchise strategically aligned research and information for launch of new antipsychotic therapy area to optimize, segmentation, positioning, messaging and detailing.
• Member of sub-team researching patient compliance leading to selection of vendor to develop programs to enhance compliance. Created and executed a cross-functionally integrated US market research launch plan for asenapine to optimize launch
• Partnered with department colleagues to develop and present methods for improving desk research skills utilizing existing primary research and secondary sources (Schering-Plough).
Sr. Manager - Market Research and Business Information
Organon USA Inc., Division of Akzo Nobel
• Lead US strategic launch and brand development in Women's Health franchise.
• Identified research needs, develop marketing research plans and assess required budget to provide strategic directions and insight to marketing teams in order to:
• Develop the optimal communication platform to differentiate brand (segmentation, positioning, concept testing, message testing, etc.)
• Refine knowledge and understanding of customers (physician-patient dialogue, patient segmentation)
• Integrate information from secondary, primary and competitive intelligence to provide meaningful contribution on customer insights to reinforce product strategies (situation analysis, brand planning).
• Lead initiatives for all DTC activities including research (creative print and TV), test market analysis
• Worked with Finance colleagues to develop sales forecast; develop and test assumptions. Experience forecasting pipeline and in-line products utilizing patient, Rx epidemiology data.
• Partnered with finance and Agency to develop and report ROI analysis to determine impact of commercial marketing (TV and Print).
• Supervise/assign work to Market Research Manager and Intern (Contraception) including weekly/monthly market reports and ad hoc requests and mentored colleagues through initial primary market research assignments.
• Promoted from Associate Manager to Senior Manager.
• Successfully transferred from Women's Health to Neuroscience.
• Member of US Region Core Brand Team for new antipsychotic launch.
• Member of Market Introduction Team for Contraceptives and Extended Brand Team for NuvaRing® (female contraceptive).
• Introduced longitudinal patient data reporting
• Cited by director for training junior brand manager during transition from sales representative.
Manager Analytical Services
Medical Economics Division of Thomson Reuters
Scope of Responsibilities
• Developed questionnaires, wrote analysis and prepared reports. Supervised all areas of data management including: data quality, cross-tab programming and table generation using SPSS and Wincross®.
• Developed and executed editorial, product awareness and readership research projects for publishers and editors.
• Managed schedules and budgets for 300+ projects annually.
• Hired, trained and supervised analysts (3-4) in primary research methods, departmental procedures and all analytical software.
• Promoted from Research Analyst to Manager with three direct reports.
• Cited as contributor (for analytical services) in the following issues:
* September 1999 - Medical Laboratory Observer ("How financial executives view their hospital labs - An MLO Special Report - include related article on surveying techniques - survey of hospital CFOs regarding their medical laboratories")
* March 2000 - Medical Economics (Malpractice Study)
* October 9, 2000 - Medical Economics (Physician Lifestyle Study)
• Researched and administered first Internet based surveys for company, thereby shortening design to report process. Methodology was applied to data gathering for sales and editorial projects
• Co-managed purchase and transition from SAS to SPSS software. Submitted RFP for consulting services tested software and verified programs. Wrote programs to produce special analysis. Trained analysts on software and program use.
Supervisor - Customer Service
Watson Wyatt Data Services, Inc
• Fielded customer inquiries on prices, shipping and general information. Resolved inquires by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions.
• Ensure customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes.
• Coach and mentor the Customer Service team (1-2) on best practices in order to provide high quality and timely support to both internal and external customers. Responsible for corporate client database updates.
• Sold additional information products by recognizing opportunities to up-sell accounts; explaining new features.
• Managed client support on data information use, processed and followed up customer orders.
• Tracked marketing efforts and prepared weekly reports using Excel.
• Promoted from Representative to Supervisor.
• Managed high profile accounts (purchasing over $50K annually), which resulted in increased subscription renewals and new sales.
• Identified lapsed subscriptions and developed strategy for renewals.
• Developed, documented, and administered department policies and procedures.
• Coordinated cash collection on delinquent accounts.
Assistant Office Manager
Royal Copenhagen Cone Co
Scope of Responsibilities
• Managed order processing, shipping and warehouse inventory, accounting functions such as weekly payroll and payables.
• Handled all client inquiries on pricing, shipping, and product availability.
Qualifications & Certifications
William Paterson University
Montclair State University