Team Leader - Civil Engineer
● Extensive experience in civil engineering field especially road construction. Experience includes working as a team leader, road services with VicRoads for a period of 6 years.
● Experience in managing and delivery of road construction and bridge maintenance projects ranging from $100K to $3.2 million.
● Extensive experience in road and bridge maintenance works ranging from small pot hole repairs to full reconstructions of road and rehabilitation works on major bridges in Melbourne.
● Experience in execution of road construction projects from design to construction stages including regular reporting on financial and project management aspects of the projects.
● Extensive experience in contract management gained by working as Team Leader with VicRoads.
● Experience managing team of 11 staff. With my supervision and guidance, some of my team members have progressed in their careers and are now able to contribute more in an organisation success.
Road Services, VicRoads
From March 2007
Reporting to: Operations Manager
● Managing and delivering of road construction and bridge maintenance projects ranging from $100K to $3.2 million.
● Preparing, reviewing, evaluating and awarding various contracts for traffic signal works, asphalt works, on road coloured surface treatment, Guard rail works, procuring material and Plant hire as per VicRoads quality control and procurement management system.
● Key person responsible for road and bridge maintenance works. These works include maintenance and rehabilitation of road pavement, road furniture, Traffic management devices, Line marking, and concrete structures.
● Working as a team member, coordinate, manage and deliver road construction and bridge maintenance projects for SmartBus, VicRoads Metro North West, Metro South East and Think Trams.
● Responsible for pre-construction planning, co-ordination with stakeholders, estimation, document preparation, management of assigned works and reviewing the basic concepts and construction plans.
● Preparation and checking of Traffic Management Plans, MoA and TRA and their approval
● Liaising with utility service providers for the assets and their relocation works as required to facilitating the projects.
● Managing and auditing the contractors for their delivery works, reviewing contractors Occupational Health and Safety document submissions as per the VicRoads standards.
● Preparation and review of VicRoads in house Safe Work Method Statements, Safe Environmental and Quality plans, Job safety analysis for various projects.
● Preparing CVO's and ministerial reports for single supplier approval as per the procurement procedures.
● Preparing and delivering the Service Level Agreements, job safety analysis, financial monitoring of projects in Connect (VicRoads internal financial software) as well as in MS Project, reviewing and approving progress claims and final claims, variation claims, day to day cost reviewing including plant, labour and...
M/s R.S. Shukla Consultants Pty Ltd
July 2002 - January 2007
Reporting to: Project Manager
● As a Project Engineer, I managed the construction project of duplicating approx. 30km long road (Ludhiana-Chandigarh National Highway NH 95) costing $100M AUD. Project included road improvement, strengthening, drainage works and duplication works.
● My responsibilities included but not limited to preparation of cost estimates, tendering works, managing sub-contractors, checking and testing the quality of all road works including MDD, CBR, Bitumen etc, design the job mix formula of WMM, BM & SDBC.
● Preparation of weekly and monthly progress reports, co-ordination with the client and design consultants on regular basis to resolve design issues as they arise, liaising with other government agencies such as Forest Department, Environment Department and Local Councils.
● Worked as a consultant to Punjab Infrastructure and Development Board. During this period I successfully delivered the duplication of NH95 project with full hold of quality system which was in place. I successfully managed and co-ordinate the operation of asphalt batch mixing plant and wet mix mixing plant onsite.
Quality Control Engineer (New Industrial
Nagarjun Construction Company Pty Ltd
June 2001 - June 2002
Reporting to: Manager Quality Control Division
● I worked on a project which involves the construction of infrastructure for the relocation of high polluting industries from the centre of the capital city New Delhi, to the outskirts so as to make Delhi Pollution Free for Common Wealth and Asian Olympic games. The total cost of the Project was $350M AUD.
● I worked as a quality control/ site engineer. My responsibility was to undertake design of Job Mix Formula for BM, WMM and GSB and conduct daily quality control tests for the structures and flexible pavement, preparing of monthly and weekly quality control reports and liaising with the DSIDC (client).
Trainee Engineer (Ashram Flyover)
Afcons Infrastructure Limited
June 2000 - December 2000
Reporting to: Project Engineer
I worked as Trainee Engineer on a project for the construction of overpass/flyover in Mumbai - India. The total cost of this project was $4M. On this project, I was assisting Project Engineer in construction works such as implementation of ground improvement techniques (geogrid / geotextile reinforcement), construction of flexible pavement and drainage works.
● VicRoads Road Safety Audit
● Intermediate Excel workshop
● Workshop on Negotiation Skills
● Bridge Inspection, Assessment and Maintenance
● Microsoft Project (basic and intermediate)
● Behavioural Interview Workshop
● On site Occupational and Health Safety course
● Work Site Traffic Management VBQU507
● First Aid
Current holder of VicRoads full driving license
Hume Hwy Noise/Sound Wall Project
This project consist of removing existing damaged concrete noise wall and construct a new noise wall on Hume hwy. My estimated cost of the project was $500K. I successfully delivered the project within the committed time frame and budget
WESTERN HWY CULVERT REPLACEMENT PROJECT
In 2011, approximately 60 culverts were damaged by flood on Western Hwy, Nhill. In 2012 funds was allocated to replace these culverts and I was appointed as the project manager to deliver this project. Me and my Team has successfully delivered $450k project within the estimated time and budget.
Bridge Inspection and Maintenance
Managing and delivering Bridge maintenance works which consist of delivering Level 1 bridge inspections and routine maintenance works on all structures/gantries in MSE region (approx 680 structures/gantries). Currently, I am also delivering bridge repair works across MSE region and had also successfully delivered similar to complex bridges/ culvert repair works in the past.
A network of premium (Smart)Bus routes operates across Melbourne.
The SmartBus network includes three orbital SmartBus routes and four Doncaster Area Rapid Transit SmartBus routes that run from Manningham to the City.
SmartBus has been designed to complement Melbourne's radial train and tram network by providing 'cross-town' connections to train stations, tram lines, schools, universities, hospitals, shopping centres. Services run along major arterial roads, making journey times shorter and journeys more direct for passengers.
Under the umbrella of SmartBus project, I have successfully managed and delivered approx 37 different projects ranging from $15,000 to $3.2m.
Qualifications & Certifications
Punjab Technical University
Institute of Engineers
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more