An articulate qualified ESL teacher who is able to effectively communicate with students from diverse backgrounds or varying degrees of ability. A committed and dedicated professional with a proven ability to teach, motivate and direct students to maximum performance by encouraging a positive and energetic environment.
Fully conversant with the ESL teaching method across levels and experience of exploiting technology in the classroom to make the most of the learning experience. Presently looking for an ESL/EFL teaching position with a language school in United Arab Emirates.
From May 2012
• Deliver lessons in accordance with Berlitz teaching principles.
• Work with private students and groups of different sizes at the LC and at off-site locations.
• Integrate technology into teaching programs.
• Keep students records and profile cards up to date.
• Maintain an impeccable customer focus in the delivery of all duties.
Teacher of English Literature
University of Blida, Algeria
January 2012 - March 2012
• Instructing students on interpreting literature.
• Assigning books to read, including classics and contemporary novels.
• Teaching students about the structure and content of the English language, including proper grammar,
spelling, and sentence structure.
• Creating a positive educational climate for students to learn in.
• Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
• Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
Freelance English Teacher
August 2010 - March 2012
• Worked with kids & students of all levels from 6th graders through university students, depending on the need.
• Created lesson plans for all classes taught, including, Grammar, Writing and Vocabulary Development.
• Instructed students by presenting lessons and answering questions about the material.
• Helped individual students prepare for exams.
• Evaluated the progress of students and conferenced with parents about how their kids were doing.
February 2009 - August 2010
• Performing various administrative tasks in different areas.
• Collect and process information necessary for the functioning of a service.
• Following up the files according to the organization in place.
• Intervene in different services.
• Quickly adapting to situations.
• Respond to various requests of internal and external interlocutors.
• Convey the image of the company.
July 2007 - December 2008
• Performs a 'quality check' on publications, usually just before they are due to go to print.
• Checking that:
- the text matches the original
- spelling and style are correct and consistent
- page numbers, headings and captions are correct
- photos and illustrations are correctly captioned.
January 2006 - June 2007
• Performing various administrative tasks in different areas. Such as secretariat and accounting.
• Defining the selling price according to the production costs.
• Gather information about the market and competition and following up the evolution of clients.
• Monitoring of production.
• Correspondence with foreign suppliers for the acquisition of new machinery and spare parts for maintenance.
• Convey the image of the company.
Managing owner of an internet café
March 2001 - November 2005
• Managing the internet café.
• Network management of several workstations
• Diagnosing faults as quickly and efficiently as possible.
• Carrying out fault repair.
• Applying testing procedures at every stage.
• Anticipate breakdowns.
• Ensure the installation of new equipment.
• Implementing software.
• Ensuring the maintenance of equipment.
• Train users.