Claim you profile
Project Management role in varied industries
From February 2004
Helped launch a new natural health products catalogue.
• Helped with the launch of a new health screening test.
• Merchandising for Marks & Spencer for their M&S Money division.
• Developed sales in the South-East for a label printing company based in Birmingham.
• Account handler for an advertising agency.
• Oversaw the launch and daily operations of a Greek food products company.
• Currently working as an Order Processor/Administrator for a corporate clothing company on a part-time basis
May 1996 - January 2004
International distributors of food supplements and beauty products. Part of Allied Medical Group, California.
Office Manager - Responsible for the daily running of the business
• Played an increasingly responsible role within the company as it expanded.
• Solved problems and developed excellent customer relation skills.
• Sourced and negotiated cost effective supplies.
• Selling to and negotiating with buyers from multiples, wholesalers and retailers. Sales contact for overseas agents and sales force in the UK.
• Contributed to visual, creative and copy writing input to company packaging, point of sale, technical and sales information.
• Briefed, planned and implemented advertising, promotion and public relation campaigns with external agencies.
• Organised total exhibition logistics and manned the stand at major exhibitions including St. Petersburg, Valencia, Geneva, Amsterdam, NEC and London.
• Staff recruitment, encouraged development of their abilities and motivated them.
• Worked effectively under pressure and rearranged workload to meet deadlines.
• Responsible for locating and setting up the company's warehouse and new offices.
• Implementing administrative systems as it expanded.
• Developing, formulating and launching new products.
• Authorised signatory for company cheques and documents.
Exley Publications Ltd
February 1995 - May 1996
- Responsible for controlling the printing of 200 titles annually, including foreign co-productions.
• Worked effectively under pressure and re-arranged workload to meet deadlines. Implementing cost saving measures in the administrative set up. Helped to plan and set up exhibition stand in Frankfurt and London.
Account and Production Manager
May 1993 - February 1995
Recruited to manage the start-up of the typesetting bureau, leading to supervising the workload of three shifts.
Account Manager for various titles including Yachting World, Antiques & Collectors Guide, Gardening Today, and PC World.
Channel A Ltd
February 1990 - May 1993
- Joint director of the company with responsibility for complete administration and production.
• Client Liaison to work on all aspects of the production.
• Negotiated media buying contracts.
• Created a niche, marketing environment for small business to advertise their products on television at substantially lower costs.
• Doubled the turnover from inception.
• Planned and implemented advertising, promotion and public relation campaigns.
• Implemented administrative systems.
• Involved in launching new products for clients.
Prior to 1990
Worked as a Production manager for a Media company that was involved in Film Magazine publication and Video film distribution.
Qualifications & Certifications
Buying and Production Management
City & Guilds
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more