Delivering multi disciplinary rail projects value from $30M to $60M. Extensive experience in all aspect of projects such as setting clear project objectives, building the project requirements, managing cost,time,quality, risk and scope. Extensive experience in stakeholder management.
Project Manager Invensys Rail
• Successfully undertook additional responsibilities of bid management by providing competitive edge on delivery method and cost savings
• Developing and reviewing project documents such as signalling scope, functional specification, project management plan, safety management plan
• Assisting planners in developing delivery schedules, resource profiles, work breakdown structures, budgets and cash flow outlines.
• Organising and chairing multiple projects kick off meetings and risk management workshops.
• Providing input to implement Value for Money approaches for multiple project work.
I was recently made redundant because of down turn in project work.
Signalling Project Manager
• Consistently delivered projects on schedule and within budget, exceeding client expectations.
• Successfully managed Sutherland Loftus Illawarra re -signalling project, delivering the project one year ahead of anticipated timeframes, thereby saving RailCorp an estimated $1 million dollars.
• Reviewed and amended the signalling functional specification for the Newcastle to Woodville re - signalling project. This document was written in 2007, but the concept and the delivery method were not accepted by the key stakeholders. I took over this project in 2009 and successfully had the stakeholders sign off the document within two months by arranging information sessions and explaining the changes in plain non technical language to the key stakeholders.
• Providing technical advice for the preparation of business cases and tender documents.
• Initiating project kick off meetings.
• Recommending solutions for suitable signalling interlockings for projects.
• Obtaining commitments from design, construction and possession planning groups.
• Developing project management plans to include integration, procurement, resource, stakeholder, communication, safety, risk, quality, environment and budget management documents.
• Conducting risk reviews, treatments and escalation.
• Assisting planners in preparing project programs, key deliverables, estimates, budgets and cash flow.
• Measuring and reporting project progress and cash summaries.
• Arranging the early engagement of principal and sub-contractors.
• Co-ordinating interface meetings with train control systems, Civil/Track section, train operations and electrical groups in regards to schedule and possession programs.
• Arranging business, systems, and operational risk and human factors workshops.
• Providing technical advice to project teams and initiating professional developments and lessons learned sessions.
• Monitoring project progress from concept, feasibility, design and planning,...
Area Project Engineer
BHP Billiton WA
• Successfully managed a major scope change involving a late change to introduce Automatic Train Protection System to the project and commissioned the project within tight deadlines.
• Successfully project managed an asset maintenance site to include all train monitoring systems installed in one location for improved monitoring and fault finding.
• Managing an Engineering, Procurement and construction Management project by providing directions to design teams, signalling contractors and wider the project team.
• Preparing signalling and asset functional specifications.
• Monitoring, inspecting and auditing construction activities
• Performing safety inspections and ensuring all staff attended site inductions and all necessary safety documents are in place.
• Attending safety briefings and tool box talks and including attendance documentation in project folders.
Regional Signalling Maintenance Manager
• Received commendations for efficiently managing the maintenance regime, renewal projects and HSQE responsibilities.
• Assisted in the development of a reliability centred maintenance regime to better manage the routine maintenance, operational incidents.
• Introduced remote monitoring of signalling equipments and proactively managed the impeding failures.
• Developing maintenance specifications, standards and safety policies.
• Preparing budget for long and short team asset renewals.
• Providing strategic direction and manage the development and implementation technical and safety procedures.
• Managing and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
• Applying Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) techniques to signalling maintenance management in forecasting failures from observations of past failures and analysing historical data.
• Auditing of signalling installations and produce report and recommendations to management.
• Promoting the value of proactive maintenance and risk management to staff.
• Preparing monthly maintenance and fault reports to management and train operations managers and setting performance targets.
• Establishing training requirements for engineers and field staff.
Signal Maintenance Engineer
• Preparing, testing and commissioning plans, route maps and train notices.
• Investigating and produce reports of signalling failures and operational related incidents
• Managing both green-field and brown-field signalling construction works.
• Initiating and managing signalling upgrade works such as replacing relay interlocking with computer based interlocking
• Testing and commissioning signalling systems, radio base ATP, ATC and level crossing equipment.
• Preparing maintenance standards and procedures.
Qualifications & Certifications
South East London College
Electronics and Electrical Engineering
North East London Polytechnic
South East London College
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more