Youth Development Officer
Anglicare Central Queensland
From August 2011
• Be a point of contact for young people so as to connect them to various types of support they may need whether it be health, legal, housing or just how to get something happening in the community;
• Improve a young person's network in the community;
• Encourage young people to take leadership roles in the community;
• Celebrate the diversity of young people and increase positive perception of young people within the community;
• Act as an advocate for young people to assist in the process of attracting resources to meet local youth needs;
• Work with young people on their ideas and assist in the development of positive partnerships for young people;
• Actively supporting Youth Service Providers to strengthen their capacity to respond to the identified needs of young people throughout the Region;
• Providing young people with activities and events to showcase their talents and to have fun
• Assist Council in decision making processes involving young people.
Team Leader (Youth Development)
MacDonnell Shire-NT Government
January 2010 - December 2010
• Planning, development, implementation, evaluation and overseeing of the community Youth Development Programs
• Develop positive working relationships with staff and colleagues, clients, youth, their families and stakeholders.
• Supervise, mentor and guide the work of Sport and Recreation Officers.
• In all elements of work, build the capacity of local staff to work towards independent service delivery.
• Support the maintenance of required records, assist in formulating reports, and implement the relevant policies and procedures for the effective delivery of programs.
• Ensuring work adheres to Policies and Procedures, and Occupational Health and safety guidelines.
• Establish and maintain safe youth, sport and recreation facilities.
• Manage the integration of a broad number of tasks and incorporate, review and evaluate the tasks of others.
• Other tasks as requested by the Supervisor
January 2005 - December 2009
• Supervising and training employees including OHS
• Advertising seasonal positions and conducting interviews
• Work Quality Control
• Ensuring timesheets are accurate and timely
• Conflict resolution between employees
• Promoting proper use of Personal Protective Equipment and Practices
• Liaising with farmers and negotiating cost for rendered services
• Other tasks as requested by the Manager
Skills Inventory: (Formal and Informal)
• Develop and assess programs according to Key Performances Indicators and Service Agreement
• Coordinate youth activities, organise and cheer meetings
• Report on relevant business unit actions and performance measures
• Use established policies and procedures
• Undertake performance management and coaching/mentoring.
• Accountability for management and effective use of resources
• Timely and accurate reporting
• Establish and maintain a safe working environment.
Skills Inventory: (Continued)
• Ability to communicate clear instructions
• Public speaking
• Telephone skills
• Ability to write reports
• Keep adequate written records
• Compilation of statistics
• Work with others to complete tasks
• Coordinate, review and evaluate the work of others
• Manage the integration of a broad number of tasks and incorporate the tasks of others
• Provide advice to others
• Develop a positive working relationship with other team members and clients
• Decision making
• Motivating others
• Self confidence
• Effective communication
• Decision making
• Group work
Qualifications & Certifications
Central Queensland University
Australia National College
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more