Business Development Officer, Medupi Project/Secunda
Impulse International (Pty) Ltd
From October 2013
Engineering Consulting Company
• To develop new customers through the primary activity of cold calling
• Construct and implement a key account plan for new customers
• Confirm to sales reporting requirement, procedures and deadlines
• Research, generate, qualify and follow up leads
• Make appointments and manage customer meetings effectively and in a focused way
• Maintain consistent sales processes throughout the customer base that conform to the Company's standards.
• Follow internal sales and delivery processes and make recommendations where appropriate
• Monitor and maintain customers to ensure consistent delivery of business within targets
• Liaise with all relevant internal departments to ensure accounts are serviced correctly
• Provide best practice advice and policies to all customers
• Comply and provide guidance to project HR policies and processes to provide a HR service delivery on the Project.
• Assist the HR department in administrating the recruitment function of permanent, fixed term and Sub Consultant staff.
• Coordinate the Onboarding process of a new employee into the Company and onto the respective projects involved in.
HR Consultant, Medupi Project
Parsons Brinkerhoff Africa (Pty) Ltd
February 2012 - September 2013
Engineering Consulting Company
• Execution of the operational Human Resource function of 200 plus Parsons Brinckerhoff employees seconded to the Client, Eskom for the Medupi Project.
• Implement, comply and provide guidance to project HR policies and processes to provide a HR service delivery on the Project.
• Assist the Recruitment team in administrating the recruitment function of permanent, fixed term and Sub Consultant staff.
• Compile, obtain approval and present contracts of employment.
• Coordinate the Onboarding and Induction process of a new employee into the Company and onto the Project
• Administrate the Performance Management process.
• Guide and support management/employees on matters relating to general HR queries, process, policy and training requirements.
• Assist in the implementation of employee engagement plans devised from the Employee Global Survey
• Responsible for the HR administration process.
• Leave management with a focus on high level balances and high absenteeism.
• Assist in the demobilization of employees off the Project.
• Monitor the management of working hours, overtime, night shift work and shift work.
• Responsible for the termination process, conduct exit interviews, identify and report trends to HR Manager, administrate this process.
• Assist in compilation of training requests for study support applications and obtain Management approval.
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with Project Management, Line Management and employees.
• Responsible for all Headcount, Employment Equity and Skills Development reporting.
• Promote employee wellness initiatives.
• Assist employees in sourcing permanent accommodation and sourcing temporary accommodation.
• Continuously engage with employees to monitor job satisfaction, assist in resolving issues, motivate and encourage, provide a confidential outlet to vent.
• Accurate processing of staff data on Oracle and maintenance thereof.
BBBEE Admin Support
Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
May 2010 - April 2011
Agriculture and Rural Development Sector
• Assisted BBBEE Deputy Director in reviewing progress on the implementation and promotion of EE, change management, business efficiency, innovation and creativity.
• Assisted in implementing targeted development programmes within the organization and sub-directorates
• Preparing weekly & monthly presentations to be presented at EED Committee and GDARD branches
• Managing of documents, registry and filing in sub-directorate
• Provide administrative support to the Social Development & BBBEE directorate
• Organize and attend Employment Equity and Disability Forum meetings
• Responsible for updating monthly departmental Employment Equity statistics
• Guide and support management/employees on matters pertaining to transformation, performance and career development
• Assist BBBEE Deputy Director updating departmental policies
• Ensure that the Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development meets its reporting obligation through compilation of Employment Equity plan and report
• Participate in staff surveys
Reason for Leaving: Contract
Distell (Pty) Ltd
July 2009 - October 2009
• Handling all HR related queries as & when they arise
• Preparing staff letters and offers of employment
• Administer and facilitate all staff correspondence
• Ensuring all related HR records are filled and kept safe
• Updating T.K System (Time and Attendance system)
• Capturing and processing leave applications
• Attending union meeting
• Responsible for arranging interviews and calling applicants
• Reporting respective departmental progress to senior management on a weekly basis
• Placing internal adverts/communication on bulletin board
• Attend disciplinary hearings and grievances logged when required for translation and minute taking
• Assisting updating payroll on SAP
• Consult and recommended solutions on employee relation matters
• Responsible for organizing training for staff
Reason for Leaving: Career Growth
Coal Fired Power Station
Qualifications & Certifications
Human Resource Management
University of Johannesburg
Forest High School