Business Development Officer, Medupi Project/Secunda
Impulse International (Pty) Ltd
From October 2013
Engineering Consulting Company
• To develop new customers through the primary activity of cold calling
• Construct and implement a key account plan for new customers
• Confirm to sales reporting requirement, procedures and deadlines
• Research, generate, qualify and follow up leads
• Make appointments and manage customer meetings effectively and in a focused way
• Maintain consistent sales processes throughout the customer base that conform to the Company's standards.
• Follow internal sales and delivery processes and make recommendations where appropriate
• Monitor and maintain customers to ensure consistent delivery of business within targets
• Liaise with all relevant internal departments to ensure accounts are serviced correctly
• Provide best practice advice and policies to all customers
• Comply and provide guidance to project HR policies and processes to provide a HR service delivery on the Project.
• Assist the HR department in administrating the recruitment function of permanent, fixed term and Sub Consultant staff.
• Coordinate the Onboarding process of a new employee into the Company and onto the respective projects involved in.
HR Consultant, Medupi Project
Parsons Brinkerhoff Africa (Pty) Ltd
February 2012 - September 2013
Engineering Consulting Company
• Execution of the operational Human Resource function of 200 plus Parsons Brinckerhoff employees seconded to the Client, Eskom for the Medupi Project.
• Implement, comply and provide guidance to project HR policies and processes to provide a HR service delivery on the Project.
• Assist the Recruitment team in administrating the recruitment function of permanent, fixed term and Sub Consultant staff.
• Compile, obtain approval and present contracts of employment.
• Coordinate the Onboarding and Induction process of a new employee into the Company and onto the Project
• Administrate the Performance Management process.
• Guide and support management/employees on matters relating to general HR queries, process, policy and training requirements.
• Assist in the implementation of employee engagement plans devised from the Employee Global Survey
• Responsible for the HR administration process.
• Leave management with a focus on high level balances and high absenteeism.
• Assist in the demobilization of employees off the Project.
• Monitor the management of working hours, overtime, night shift work and shift work.
• Responsible for the termination process, conduct exit interviews, identify and report trends to HR Manager, administrate this process.
• Assist in compilation of training requests for study support applications and obtain Management approval.
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with Project Management, Line Management and employees.
• Responsible for all Headcount, Employment Equity and Skills Development reporting.
• Promote employee wellness initiatives.
• Assist employees in sourcing permanent accommodation and sourcing temporary accommodation.
• Continuously engage with employees to monitor job satisfaction, assist in resolving issues, motivate and encourage, provide a confidential outlet to vent.
• Accurate processing of staff data on Oracle and maintenance thereof.
BBBEE Admin Support
Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
May 2010 - April 2011
Agriculture and Rural Development Sector
• Assisted BBBEE Deputy Director in reviewing progress on the implementation and promotion of EE, change management, business efficiency, innovation and creativity.
• Assisted in implementing targeted development programmes within the organization and sub-directorates
• Preparing weekly & monthly presentations to be presented at EED Committee and GDARD branches
• Managing of documents, registry and filing in sub-directorate
• Provide administrative support to the Social Development & BBBEE directorate
• Organize and attend Employment Equity and Disability Forum meetings
• Responsible for updating monthly departmental Employment Equity statistics
• Guide and support management/employees on matters pertaining to transformation, performance and career development
• Assist BBBEE Deputy Director updating departmental policies
• Ensure that the Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development meets its reporting obligation through compilation of Employment Equity plan and report
• Participate in staff surveys
Reason for Leaving: Contract
Distell (Pty) Ltd
July 2009 - October 2009
• Handling all HR related queries as & when they arise
• Preparing staff letters and offers of employment
• Administer and facilitate all staff correspondence
• Ensuring all related HR records are filled and kept safe
• Updating T.K System (Time and Attendance system)
• Capturing and processing leave applications
• Attending union meeting
• Responsible for arranging interviews and calling applicants
• Reporting respective departmental progress to senior management on a weekly basis
• Placing internal adverts/communication on bulletin board
• Attend disciplinary hearings and grievances logged when required for translation and minute taking
• Assisting updating payroll on SAP
• Consult and recommended solutions on employee relation matters
• Responsible for organizing training for staff
Reason for Leaving: Career Growth
Coal Fired Power Station
Qualifications & Certifications
Human Resource Management
University of Johannesburg
Forest High School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more