Ph.D. in "Development of Direct ethanol PEM fuel cell" from IIT Delhi
Experiments and research (PUBLICATIONS)
PhD, IIT Delhi
1. Jyoti Goel, Suddhasatwa Basu (2013). “Effect of Support Materials on the Performance of Direct Ethanol Fuel Cell Anode Catalyst.” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, September 2013.
2. Jyoti Goel, Suddhasatwa Basu. (2013). ‘Review: Direct ethanol PEM fuel cells.” Submitted in Applied Energy.” 2013.
3. Jyoti Goel, Suddhasatwa Basu. (2012). “Pt-Re-Sn as metal catalysts for electro-oxidation of ethanol in direct ethanol fuel cell." Energy Procedia, 11 November 2012.
4. J. Tayal, B. Rawat, S. Basu. (2011). “Bi-metallic and tri-metallic Pt–Sn/C, Pt–Ir/C, Pt–Ir–Sn/C catalysts for electro-oxidation of ethanol in direct ethanol fuel cell.” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 15 April 2011.
5. Jyoti Tayal, Bhuvnesh Rawat, Suddhasatwa Basu. (2011). “Effect of addition of rhenium to Pt-based anode catalysts in electro-oxidation of ethanol in direct ethanol PEM fuel cell.” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 23 July 2011.
6. Xu Wu, Jyoti Tayal, Suddhasatwa Basu, Keith Scott (2011). “Nano-crystalline RuxSn1 − xO2 powder catalysts for oxygen evolution reaction in proton exchange membrane water electrolysers.” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 23 March 2011.
Technical Paper Presentation
on "Improvement in electroxidation of ethanol in direct ethanol fuel cell by a novel anode electrocatalyst, Pt-Ir-Sn/C". In proceedings of Fucetech -2009.
From June 2008
In the present work, Pt-Ru catalysts supported on mesoporous carbon nitride (MCN), multiwall carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs), treated MWCNTs (t-MWCNTS) and Vulcan-XC were prepared for the oxidation of ethanol in direct ethanol fuel cell (DEFC). The MCN support was prepared using SBA-15 as template and t-MWCNTs were prepared by refluxing in HNO3 and H2SO4 mixture (1:3) using MWCNTs. The catalyst support characterization was done by TEM, FTIR, XPS, TGA and XRD. XRD shows the formation of Pt-Ru bi-metallic catalyst with size ranges from 7-17 nm for all the anode catalysts prepared using different supports. Linear sweep voltammetry, cyclic voltammetry and chronoamperometry studies of the above systems reveal that MCN supported Pt-Ru catalyst shows higher electro-catalytic activity towards ethanol oxidation compared to treated t-MWCNTs, MWCNts and Vulcan-XC supported Pt-Ru catalysts. The effect of support on the performance of DEFC for maximum power density was found to be in the order MCN > t-MWCNTs > MWCNTs > Vulcan-XC. The Pt-Ru/MCN showed highest power density of 61.1 mW/cm2 at 100 °C, 1 bar pressure with catalyst loading of 2 mg/cm2 using 2 M ethanol at 1 ml/min as anode feed and O2 at 160 SCCM per min as cathode feed.
B. Tech research project (Ergot Alkaloids study)
The ergot alkaloids are mycotoxins produced by species of fungi in the genus Claviceps.Resemble the spurs on the legs of a rooster. Four main groups of ergot alkaloids are available: clavines, lysergic acids, lysergic acid amides, and ergopeptides.
Qualifications & Certifications
bachelors in Chemical Technology
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more