An electrical engineer by education and a writer by choice, I am a content/writer editor having more than five years of experience working with different genres of writing. I can write on a varied range of topics including health, wellness,technology, business, politics, finance, real estate, IT, sports, finance,as well as creative articles.
I possess an extensive knowledge of SEO and can write SEO based articles without making it look like a marketing copy. I believe in deadline and can deliver quality work with good English within the committed timeline.
Blueglass Interactive Inc
June 2010 - July 2013
Role: Working as a regular writer for this company and working on several websites, such as www.freeexamjacksonville.com, www.simplifythis.com, www.cadresolution.com, www.ondeck24.com, www.newportexecutivecenter.net, www.newportofficecenter.net, www.torranceofficecenter.com, etc. My work for this client includes, writing the website content (website copy), product descriptions and reviews (www.asianimportstore.com), sales letters, press releases, marketing articles etc.
Organization: Blueglass Interactive Inc., USA
Duration: June 2010 to Present
Role: Working as a freelance copywriter and editor for over a year now. I have written quality research based content for a variety of subjects, including technology, fashion, travel, real estate, Internet marketing and SEO. Few of the noteworthy clients I have served so far are, www.salesforce.com, www.dereon.com, www.babyphat.com, www.vrbo.com, www.approvedindex.co.uk and many more. With my writing skills and consistently maintained levels of high quality, I have earned the reputation of a trustworthy and highly efficient copywriter as well as an integral part of their team of experts.
• Awarded with the National Scholarship in 2002
• Won many prizes in debates, essay and creative writing competitions
• Had been the chief editor for the annual magazine of the Engineering institution for three consecutive years
• Organized and participated in many college-level cultural and technical events
• Held the responsibility of the President of school debate club
• Represented school in Interschool Science Exhibition and Contest
Senior Content Editor
iYogi Technical Services, Gurgaon, India
November 2009 - June 2010
Role: I was responsible for writing and editing the content for various websites belonging to the company. I led a team of 10 writers, and was responsible for quality checks, editing, and submitting the content produced by the team. Few assignments carried out by me were:
• Writing features and usage (in form of software manuals) of all the components of Microsoft Office 2010
• Writing numerous articles, tutorials, solution pages, blogs and web pages for a variety of topics related to Microsoft Windows 7
• Written partial content for various sections for the websites, such as:
• Managed the team of writers to produce complete and correct version of content for www.antivirus.iyogi.net
• Designed various templates for company's websites and for use in production of various writing artifacts
• Conducted training for the peers about writing the technical content and the content meant for marketing purposes
Achievements: Promoted from the role of a content writer to the quality analyst role and the team leader - content, in just 3 months of joining the organization.
Organization: Virtual Employee, Noida
Content Writer and SEO
June 2009 - October 2009
CEO of123marbella and Marbellaguide
Client's Websites: www.123marbella.com
Role: Writing website content, blog, press releases for different website of clients. Performing SEO of different websites and preparing traffic report for them.
June 2007 - November 2008
Project Title: MCE 101-Blu Ray Disc Driver
Technology Used: C, C++, Linux, Documentation
Description: To develop a blu-ray disc driver with various new and developed features like Internet connection with every driver, buying your own subtitles, choice of your own language with a major challenge to complete it in a time frame keeping in par with daily changing scenario of the market so as to give competition to the number of upcoming drivers in the market and to fight Piracy. Also, I wrote the first draft of the product guide being considered excellent at writing documentation.
Organization: HCL Infosystems
Website: http://www.hcltouch.com/, http://hclsupportservice.in/
Role: As a freelance writer I have worked multiple times with HCL Infosystems and have written and edited content for the official websites of their new services HCL Touch and HCL Data Recovery. Coming from a technical education background, I can easily write content that needs technical knowledge and expertise and the same can be seen in the content written for HCL Infosystems.
Organization: Edit Optimisation Ltd, London, UK
Role: Working as a freelance writer for this UK based company, I have produced content primarily for British and European readership. My work with Edit Optimisation Ltd has involved writing on several niche domains, such as technology, English and literature, online marketing, finance and marketing etc. for several reputed clients, such as www.gumtree.com, www.argos.com, Enigin PLC (www.enigin.com) etc.
Qualifications & Certifications