Renewable Energy Development
I have been involved with Commercial Renewable Energy for some years now and have developed a host of projects up to operational stage.
Wind Energy development
Sent to Head Quarters in Belgium
for extensive training in the commercial pool of renewable energy development at the Electrawinds Academy. This entailed Wind, Solar and Biomass technologies, P50/P90 financial modelling and whilst there, wrote a thesis on Wind Energy development.
• Vast experience in the Renewable Energy industry from sourcing land owners, negotiating land rentals, Environmental Impact Assessment negotiation. Involved with the putting together of wind farm bids in the Independent Power Producer Procurement Program inaugurated by the Department of Energy.
• Project Manager for Prospective Wind Farms in Namibia.
• Development of the Leeudoringstad Solar PV project as project Manager and the investigation of various other Solar PV projects including roof top PV and floating PV technologies.
Biotherm Energy (PTY) Ltd.
• Project Manager (Wind and Solar)
• Prospecting new projects and developing them to realisation
• Was in charge of their Contract management system
• Assisting in the development of existing projects to taking them to financial close
• Selling the technology to prospective land owners.
• Canvassing the KZN region for prospective Wind and Solar opportunities by means of GPS tracking, PVGIS related searches, substation site visits, tracking of high tension lines throughout the region and municipal visits.
5. LEADERSHIP CERTIFICATE LEVEL TWO
Awarded for a variety of School portfolios for which I received the Leadership Level Two certificate. This was measured on levels of duties and responsibilities carried out and assessed by the Hilton College staff our housemaster and Head master.
Advanced Driver Training
Passed with Merit
• BMW Sales and Marketing Certificates
1. JVR assessment- Qualified
2. Fast Track 90% average
3. Pre-work- 100%
4. Finance- 84%
5. History- 95%
6. Product knowledge- 79%
7. Selling skills- 93%
Electrawinds - Africa and Indian Ocean Islands (PTY) Ltd.
• Business Development Manager
marketing, advertising, customer relations, workshop management and canvassing.
• LEXUS BRAND AND PRODUCT MANAGEMENT TRAINING COURSE - Passed with merit.
• LEXUS Brand Ambassador Team Leader
Qualifications & Certifications
2. UNIVERSITY OF STELLENBOSCH