My role as a hygienist is more a prevention of oral disease role, educating patients on prevention of caries and gum disease, performing oral healthcare and risk assessments . removal of plaque and calculus, apply caries-preventive agents such as fluorides and sealants to the teeth; Administer local controlled and sustained release antimicrobial agents, Interpret dental radiographs, working on patient retention through management of recalls.
Registered dental hygienist
1) Performing oral healthcare and risk assessments which include the review of a patient's
medical history and evaluating a patient's current health including all medications.
2) Dental and periodontal Charting and evaluation of oral Disease and health
3) Perform an extra oral and intraoral examination.
4) Complete a comprehensive dental and periodontal charting that includes a detailed
description and evaluation of the gingivae and periodontium;
6) Remove plaque and calculus from teeth both supra and sub gingivally using dental
7) Administer local anaesthetic
8) apply caries-preventive agents such as fluorides and sealants to the teeth;
9) Administer local controlled and sustained release antimicrobial agents;
10) Interpret dental radiographs
11) Provide patient education on plaque control and home care by incorporating techniques and products that will become part of an individualized self-care oral hygiene program.
12) Isolating evidence that notes the potential association between systemic and oral health and disease
13) Tobacco cessation advice and programs.
14) Diet advice in relation to caries.
Portobello Dental Clinic
Duties- Chair side assistance
-Reception duties which included,
-Management of appointment and recalls using a computerized system,
Duties -Chair side assistant
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more