I have a Diploma of Counselling
Australian College of Applied Psychology - Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Student - February 2011 Graduated December 2012
Units of Competency
• Work within a structured counselling framework (CHCCSL501A)
• Apply specialist interpersonal and counselling interview skills (CHCCSL502A)
• Facilitate the counselling relationship (CHCCSL503A)
• Determine suitability of client for counselling services (CHCCSL512A)
• Apply personality and development theories (CHCCSL504A)
• Apply learning theories in counselling (CHCCSL505A)
• Apply counselling therapies to address a range of client issues (CHCCSL506A)
• Support clients in decision-making processes (CHCCSL507A)
• Recognise and respond to individuals at risk (CHCCS514A)
• Apply legal and ethical responsibilities in counselling practice (CHCCSL508A)
• Work effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people (HLTHIR404B)
• Contribute to OHS processes (HLTOHS300A)
• Develop facilitate and monitor all aspects of case management (CHCCM503C)
• Reflect and improve upon counselling skills (CHCCSL509A)
• Recognise and responds appropriately to domestic and family violence (CHCDFV301A)
• Manage own professional development in responding to domestic and family violence (CHCDFV402C)
Home Duties / Student
July 2006 - March 2013
During this time I have raised my 7 year old son who has been diagnosed with ASD - Asperger's and ADHD. I have become very knowledgeable in this area and have spent a lot of time supporting and assisting other mothers who have children with similar/same diagnosis. I am naturally empathetic and have many times over the years supported and assisted families that have or are experiencing Domestic Violence issues, parenting issues or general self-esteem issues.
Personal Assistant, Secretarial and Receptionist Positions
Drake Australia, Hallis Employment and LOGO Appointments - Perth WA & Brisbane QLD
March 1999 - February 2006
My positions with these employment agencies were very corporate positions with accuracy and deadlines to be met at all times. Presentation was extremely important as was customer service.
One of my positions was with the Health Department - Personal Assistant - Occupational Health and Safety Unit providing administrative support to the OSH Unit.
Another position was with Centacare Employment Perth, whilst my main position was front Reception I found myself assisting long term unemployed people of all race and nationality, being there for emotional support and someone to talk to. I often assisted in updating skills/resumes, providing support in preparing for interviews.
Qualifications & Certifications
Bachelor of Comunity Services
University of Sunshine Coast
Diploma of Counselling
Australian College of Applied Psychology
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more