- Full time
- Part time
- One time
I have had experience dealing with all types of administration work including JSA and all OHSE requirements as well as travel arrangements, accommodation bookings etc.
Blue Tongue Electrical Pty Ltd
April 2013 - December 2013
Blue Tongue Electrical Pty Ltd is a medium size electrical company with commercial projects in Perth and Karratha. Due to these contracts, Blue Tongue Electrical have expanded in size from 38 staff in April, 2013 to 78 staff by July, 2013. My duties there were varied and included:
• Payroll including FIFO staff and metropolitan area staff
• Superannuation and Construction Industry Long Service Leave reports and payments
• PAYG Tax and Payroll Tax calculations and payments
• Debtors and Creditors - Invoicing and payments
• MYOB accounting package and then transferred to Xero accounting package
• TSM and Simpro computer packages
• Job analysis reporting and profit and loss
• Excel spreadsheets for various reports
• Working with Irish electricians to assist with 457 visas
• Bank reconciliations and financial reports
• BAS and IAS reporting
• Financial forecasting
• Assist with tendering for contracts
• Customer enquiries
• Purchasing staff uniforms
• Liaising with accountants
• Insurance policies and claims
• Organising flights and accommodation for staff
• Supervise reception and data processing staff
Belpile Pty Ltd
April 2011 - March 2013
Belpile Pty Ltd is a foundation piling company initially employing 7 staff and now employing over 20. My position was full-time as the office all-rounder with help for Payroll and Superannuation
• Creditors and Debtors using MYOB including month end reports and Job profit and loss.
• Excel spreadsheets to track different expenses and suppliers.
• Long Service Leave and Redundancy reports (quarterly)
• Training matrix for all guys on site and organising courses when possible.
• Purchase orders and sourcing suppliers for all materials
• Organizing mobilization of piling rigs to and from different sites.
• Payroll and Superannuation when other staff absent
• Attending seminars on Superannuation, Subcontractors and related subjects
• JSA and safety compliance documentation for each job
• Setting up new systems for archiving and payroll
• Banking and daily cash-flow reporting
• Reconciliations and Management reporting to Accountants and Directors
• Investigating and reporting of incidents and accidents on site
• Organizing vehicle maintenance, registration and Company number plates
• Organizing flights and accommodation for conferences and country jobs
• Keeping all insurances up to date and making claims when necessary
• Petty Cash distribution and reconciliations
• Answering telephone, attending to visitors to office and collecting and distributing mail
• Any other duties as and when directed by Owners
greendayToday Pty Ltd
January 2008 - December 2010
1 - 57 Weir Road, Malaga 6090
greendayToday was a company involved in Sales, Design and Installation of Solar Panels in Western Australia. I was a co-owner of this business which went into liquidation in December 2010.
• My position was General Manager in charge of a staff of 10 including Administrative, Electricians, Labourers and Sales Staff.
• I was responsible for all accounting procedures using MYOB accounting package and training of junior staff in basic entry MYOB.
• Liaising with clients and suppliers.
• Negotiation and purchasing of stock.
• Co-ordinating and scheduling of electricians and labourers for installation
• Overseeing layout designs of solar systems.
• Attending Government and Industry seminars
• All Government compliance paperwork including rebates and allowances
Horizon Constructions Pty Ltd
October 2002 - December 2007
Horizon Constructions is a concreting company involved in the commercial sector and was a one-person office. I began as part-time and as the business grew from 4 labourers to 19 labourers, my position became full-time.
• Day to day running of a business including:.
• All accounting procedures using Quickbooks Accounting package including accounts payable and receivable, superannuation, taxation and BAS statements
• All correspondence between the company and its debtors, creditors and staff.
• Wages and salaries on a weekly basis.
• Attendance on site every week to answer queries from staff and builders.
• Organise travel and accommodation for men to site
• Reception and filing duties as needed.
November 1992 - December 2007
During this period I had my own bookkeeping business and worked for various clients both in Margaret River and in Perth. All of these positions had an emphasis on bookkeeping using either MYOB or Quickbooks. The Businesses I worked for include:
Fremantle Arts Centre Press - Author Royalties and Accounts Payable - 10 years part-time
Sea View Golf Club - Assistant Manager - 8 years part-time
Stott & McCarthy Building Company - Bookkeeper - 4 years
Margaret River Bakery - Bookkeeping - 3 years
Qualifications & Certifications
Edith Cowan University
Swanbourne Senior High School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more