IELTS And ESL Instructor
Coach General English
From October 2011
North Melbourne, Australia. October 2011 - Present
• Specialise in one to one ongoing English coaching in IELTS Preparation for Academic and General in each discipline, with long term and intensive programs.
• Create detailed study pathways and provide appropriate materials.
• Coach General English with focus on client's specific needs.
• Train in Speech Craft, Enunciation, Intonation and Conversation
• Write/edit job applications, resumes, university and funding applications
• Train teacher consultants on IELTS methodology and the setting and adherence to individualised benchmarks
• Maintain accounting system, upkeep resources, keep abreast of IELTS legislated changes and profile client's progress.
• Manage marketing goals and create original training materials
English Trainer in Business English and IELTS Preparation
From June 2011
• Train classes up to 15 students in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking for IELTS General and Academic.
• Prepare lessons plans, assess student progress and assess written and oral work
• Tutor Business clients one to one in Business English in their related fields
• Prepare, source and file lesson plans and maintain teaching resources
Teacher Resource Centre Coordinator
RMIT English Worldwide
February 2010 - May 2011
• Liaise with REW and RMIT staff to promote the use of REW/RMIT library services and resources.
• Induct new staff to the procedures and facilities of the TRC and provide training in reference and information systems.
• Maintain the quality and relevance of the collection. Including regular stock take.
• Identify and recommend items, including online and multimedia resources, for inclusion in the TRC collection.
• Advise management in setting and maintaining the resource budget.
• Monitor and track supplies and resources.
• Process, catalogue and shelve new items in the TRC prior to circulation.
• Provide ongoing support and training in the use of technology in classrooms for teachers.
• Maintain a record system for staff in the use of educational technology.
• Advise teaching staff on supplementary materials for use.
• Monitor copyright control within the TRC and train staff on copyright protocols.
• Produce streamlining concepts to enhance production objectives.
IELTS Instructor / Study Ambassador
RMIT English Worldwide
July 2009 - February 2010
• Full time position teaching IELTS exam preparation course.
• Catered to a variety of students on either Academic or Immigration pathways.
• Focused on individual needs of student to achieve their IELTS objectives.
• Mentored and tutored groups of Japanese teenagers on Study Tour of Melbourne with five other teachers, each with a group of twelve students.
• Produced highly engaging lessons and excursions.
• Participated in parting ceremony and implemented an ongoing pen pal exchange.
Artwork Commission Plan, Central Highlands Regional Council, QLD
From April 2009
• Produced Artwork Commission Plan for the Bauhinia Shire Memorial Sculpture Project.
• Consulted with local community, consolidated data and presented plan to Area Executive Manager based on analysis and preparation of cost and viability of producing and erecting public sculptures in the shires of Rolleston and Springsure.
• Produced written report and grant application to Queensland Arts Council.
October 2007 - January 2009
• Part time and full time teacher for advanced ESL General English classes and Business English Electives.
• Test preparation instruction and examiner for TOEFL exams.
• Private tutor in conversation, writing and comprehension.
• Gained certification in Advanced Teaching Methodology.
October 2005 - October 2007
• Full time instructor of Diploma and General English programs.
• Planned and implemented lessons to European and Asian adults at beginner, intermediate, high intermediate and advanced levels.
• Devised curriculum for elective classes in Pronunciation and Creative Writing.
Food & Beverage Manager
Cyber Cafe, NYC
July 2004 - October 2005
• Designed and implemented new menu.
• Trained staff of five on food preparation and service.
• Suggested new products that increased earnings by 23%.
• Managed stock take, ordering and reconciliations.
• Inducted and trained new staff in food preparation and service.
February 2004 - June 2004
• Taught level one and two conversation English and Business English to adults and matriculating teenagers.
• Taught three, two-hour classes and one, one hour class per day.
• Prepared for up to eighteen students per class.
• Devised extra curricular program in sight seeing and story telling.
Darasamut Catholic Primary School
March 2003 - December 2003
• Taught English at Kindergarten level in Bilingual program.
• Taught Art at grade four levels in Bilingual program.
• Devised song and dance routines to English songs.
• Coordinated weekly theme, and devised and sourced props to perform to 60 students,
• five sessions a week, in Thai program.
• Designed and painted large permanent mural on school building.
• Created exam templates for kindergarten ESL program
• Inducted and trained new foreign teachers to English Program requirements.
Anuban Phuket Primary Summer School
From February 2003
• Taught English to thirty students aged seven to nine in Bilingual program.
• Created and delivered word games and outdoor activities.
• Facilitated program content to set budget.
Founder / Proprietor
FOYeR Espresso Bar/Café
• Founder and Proprietor FOYeR Café/ Emerging Artist Gallery
• Operated dual business as café manager and gallery curator.
• Supervised and trained a staff of seven in all aspects of food and beverage service.
• Successfully applied for annual arts funding through the Australian Arts
• Curated ten exhibitions per year, and produced/designed invitations, posters and media releases.
• Obtained liquor licence for evening bar and trained staff in lawful service of alcohol as the licensee.
• Held position of Treasurer on the board of Contemporary Art Services Tasmania.
• Mentored emerging artists in exhibition installation, lighting
• and writing artist statements.
• Selected to represent Tasmania as an emerging curator for the 4 National Australian Curatorial Conferences and Professional Development sessions in Melbourne,
• and selected by Juliana Engberg as "the most compelling and industry ready curator for my devised exhibition presentation, Ä Nasty Piece of Work
Clemenger Advertising Agency
Trained as apprentice at Clemenger Harvey advertising agency in bromiding,
layout design and drafting.
• Freelanced in and around Melbourne at various advertising agencies and print- - houses producing print ready material
Qualifications & Certifications
Selma Institute of Education
Hobart TAFE College