Claim you profile
Chartered Accountant who can really make a difference to your business, with a track record of saving money, creating efficiencies, and of designing and implementing new systems, management information reporting and performance management. An ability to empathise and engage with finance and non finance staff. Experience of group accounts, consolidations, mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence and post acquisition integration.
Finance Systems Implementation
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Finance Transformation Lead
September 2011 - September 2011
Lead consultant for transformation of finance function from a regional based one, to a central shared service centre.
January 2011 - September 2011
From April 2005
Science & Technology Facilities Council
April 2005 - April 2011
- Designed and implemented new multicurrency finance system using SunSystems.
- Developed clear and concise reporting suite for monthly reports.
- Implemented new forecasting system for monthly rolling forecasts.
- Post merger integration and consolidation for data from SunSystems and Oracle Financials.
- Data Migration of all financial data into Oracle 12 shared service centre.
January 2003 - January 2003
Owner of bespoke travel agency specialising in groups and charters on cruise ships.
Managing fund raising for new business venture in passenger shipping.
IBM Global Services
October 2001 - December 2004
Consultant for implementation and testing of Oracle 11i at the Ministry of Defence, including cash office systems, and P2P systems.
Finance Systems Consultant
December 1997 - September 2001
Consultant for Implementation of new accounting systems across the UK.
- Design and implementation of cash management system
- Roll out of accounting systems across the UK
- Facilitated workshops and training courses
- Managed the change control for modifications to the software and processes
Scotts of Stow
July 1996 - July 1997
Finance Director for mail order company, implementing large changes to systems - both fulfilment systems and back office systems.
- Moved the order processing centre to an inhouse facility.
- Implemented new forecasting processes
- Improved efficiency and reduced operating costs by 33%
- Restructured the finance department
Innovations Mail Order
July 1991 - June 1996
Chief Accountant for the group of companies of Innovations Mail Order.
- Negotiated new banking arrangements
- Responsible for the prime entry department
- Monthly management accounts
- Writing new reports
- presentation of monthly pack to the main board
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Southampton
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more