Claim your profile
The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work
This class can be taught on an individual or group basis.
This ninety minute class (taught in 10 weeks) is designed to help couples improve their friendship, fondness and admiration, enhance romance and intimacy, manage conflict constructively, gain skills to address perpetual and solvable problems, create shared meaning and maintain gains throughout a lifetime. Class format includes lectures and private couple exercises. Participants will not share their personal problems in front of others.
Everyone from Newlyweds to seniors
Those who wish to enhance a good marriage
Those who need better conflict management tools.
Social Worker II
Prince William County Department of Social Services
From August 2011
Wounded Warrior Resource Consultant
• Provided military service members and their families a single point of contact for resources, referrals, consultation, and assistance in reporting deficiencies in medical treatment, facilities, wounded warrior programs, etc.
• Received contact via telephone and email; provided subsequent interaction, assistance, and guidance between customers and various Service and Inter-agency support organizations including Service Wounded Warrior programs, Veteran’s Administration, Tri-Care, and Military OneSource.
Social Worker II
Prince Willilam County
• Demonstrated a thorough knowledge of interviewing skills and techniques of investigative and social work; confirmed ability to apply and initiate those skills effectively during telephone or other contact.
• Maintained the confidentiality of all investigations; extracted and interpreted highly complex information, ascertained facts by personal contacts, and analyzed documents.
• Formed positive relationships with children; involved in their emergency removal, location, and placement.
• Possessed a working knowledge of State and Federal Laws relating to programs/mandates providing social services to and protection for children and youth as well as a familiarity of community service resources.
• Established and maintained effective working relationships with clients, superiors, peers, other Department representatives, private and public agencies, local and State police, and the community.
• Prepared clear and concise reports pertaining to findings, analysis, conclusions and/or recommendations.
• Conducted a comprehensive professional assessment of the users need for core work/life and substance abuse services including childcare, parenting, employment, education, general research, short term problems resolution, legal, financial employment assistance, emotional wellness, relationships, communication, addiction, mental health disorders, health and wellness, and work issues.
• Assisted in developing the pilot program for care coaching individuals on Suboxone and Subutex; provided coaching services to address barriers in treatment, goal setting, and medication compliance.
• Provided Suboxone patient assistance services, resources, and referrals; consulted on various Substance Abuse and work/life issues.
• Educated families via telephone on barriers in treatment, substance as a chronic illness, and community resources.
Social Worker I
Winchester Department of Social Services
Foster Care Social Worker - Winchester Department of Social Services
• Developed and implemented individualized service plans involving the application of casework methods in Child Care, and basic service level caseloads of Adult/Adult Protective Services, Child Protective Services, Foster Care, and Adoptions.
• Interpreted laws, policies, and regulations as applied to specific area of responsibility.
• Monitored, coordinated, and administered specific programs as assigned and coordinated services within specific area of responsibility; served as resource to clients and the community.
• Interviewed and assessed customer needs and other relevant factors including education/skill levels, abilities, interests, and support systems; informed clients of related service programs rules/regulations and right to participate.
• Presented cases to determine appropriate services; wrote and implemented service plans.
• Provided case management services to monitor compliance;
• Managed program waiting lists, tracked expenditures, ensured payment for services, and completed necessary federal, state, and local planning and reporting requirements.
• Coordinated with other agencies; participated in multi-disciplinary and interagency teams providing services to customers.
• Provided after hours on-call coverage; responded to emergencies in child/adult protective services and/or foster care.
Early Childhood Educator/Case Manager
Northwestern Community Services Board
Case Manager and Early Childhood Educator - Northwestern Community Services Board (NWCSB)
• Managed an assigned caseload of Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED) or at risk SED children and adolescents; assessed client needs, developed, implemented, and reviewed service plans, and collaborated with other community resources in meeting/achieving client service needs.
• Supported the Inclusion program by implementing activities that addressed individual goals on the current IEP for each child.
• Modeled appropriate intervention and educational techniques for each special needs child.
• Communicated all concerns relative to the education/special needs of the children with the Preschool Director.
Substance Abuse Counselor/Educator - CLEAN
• Provided educational and skill-building classes to help parents guide their children through the adolescent passage with positive ways to set limits and communicate effectively; facilitated a variety of programs to assist youth in making positive life choices.
• Decreased risk factors that lead to problem behaviors (substance abuse, teen pregnancy, school dropout, violence, delinquency) and increased protective factors in the family and community.
• Led workshops, trainings, public speaking, consultation services, and education to schools, community-based programs, religious organizations, civic organizations, parent groups, business and industry, and the community-at-large on topics including Risk and Protective Factors, Developmental Assets, Communication Skills, Parenting, Drug Trends, Youth Culture, Meth 360, Mobile Team Challenge, and Low Ropes Teambuilding,
Qualifications & Certifications
Concordia University, Saint Paul
Family Life Education
Regent Bachelors of Arts
Fauquier High School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more