I have been an English teacher for 30 years, working with schools, universities, and professionals. I have taught private lessons, preparing students for proficiency tests.
Second Language teacher, Bogota, Colombia
English and Drama
Escuela Colombiana de Ingenieria JULIO GARAVITO (JULIO GARAVITO School of Engineering)
• Developed innovative methods for teaching English as a second language through Drama & theatre.
drama teacher, creative writing teacher
Colombo Americano University for English Teachers
Academic writing, Drama, UNICA (Colombo Americano University for English Teachers)
• Taught students of disadvantaged families to develop their English writing skills
American Literature Teacher | Student Council Sponsor
Business English teacher
Adult English Education Program, English
- using Market Leader method - to groups and individuals.
• Adapted material and method to the individual students and groups.
• Practiced oral skills: conversation, lecture and presentation skills as well as written English.
English Teacher, Colegio Colombo Hebreo
English & Drama teacher, Colegio Campoalegre
English department coordinator
English Teacher & Department Coordinator
Worked one-on-one with students applying to universities in the U:S., Great Britain, Canada, and Australia, preparing them for standardized language proficiency tests and entrance exams: TOEFL, IELTS, Michigan, SAT, and ACT.
, Kibbutz Ashdot Yaakov
• Taught ESL to 6th & 7th grade; prepared disadvantaged youth for their English matriculation exams.
English Teacher, Colombia
English / Spanish
• High school, middle and elementary teaching English to native speakers and as a Second Language.
• Co-Issued a bilingual (English / Spanish) newspaper and literary magazine.
• Developed and led a sponsorship and mentoring program matching older students from the school with younger ones from a neighbouring disadvantaged school.
• Led and developed extracurricular activities in an American school.
• Positions included:
English & Drama Teacher
Yearbook / Newspaper / Literary Magazine
sponsor, Cheerleading coach, in charge of new teachers' training program, Colegio Nueva Granada, Bogota (1982-1991)
Qualifications & Certifications
English Literature and Language
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more