October 2012 - December 2012
Seconded to utilise finishing skills to complete $9.2 Million construction of terminal building, jet fuel storage facilities and service compound project * Coordinated team of 3 Supervisors and 50 tradesmen *
FMG - Rail Camp 25A / Rowley Yard
March 2012 - October 2012
$117 Million project * Manning approximately 263
Site / Finishing Supervisor - FIFO
Decmil Australia Pty Ltd
November 2011 - December 2012
Recognised for expertise in finishing programs, building strong work teams and ensuring site safety standards maintained across numerous mining projects throughout remote Pilbara region * Implemented efficient work schedule to improve time/cost management programs to successfully reduce contractual timeframe extensions.
* Oversaw daily work scheduling and quality control of up to 18 subcontracting companies and 132 tradesmen (plumbers, crane operators, electricians and concreters), on the below construction projects:
- Led the successful turnaround of work schedules through identification of problems, implementation of corrective actions, procedure improvements and methodologies to meet contractual scheduling.
- Enhanced contractor performance through utilisation of machinery and personnel to reduce downtime, resulted in building team morale across site, subcontractors and client reps.
- Facilitated prestart and toolbox meetings, aided flow of knowledge to all parties concerned as designated projects moved through critical stages, maintained delicate planning, safety and explicit lines of communication.
- Coordinated daily workscope of plant, materials and labour included purchasing of materials, hiring necessary equipment, plant or subcontract services.
- Inspected all work and signed off ITPs, completed scope of work reports included all associated cost/schedule performance, HSE, progress/project risk assessments for Site Manager and RTIO senior management meeting.
- Organised personnel inductions for client sites included gaining of work (access, hot areas, etc) permit systems as necessary for safety and ensured adherence to client policies/procedures.
Construction Supervisor - FIFO
FMG - Christmas Creek's Karntama Village Stage
November 2011 - March 2012
2 Nov 2011 - Mar 2012
Stepped into Supervisory role leading over 130 tradesmen on $20 Million project
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE cont
Construction Supervisor - FIFO
Northwest Shedmasters - FMG Christmas Creek Project
January 2010 - November 2011
Managed all aspects of work scheduling and site safety requirements on Mining/Industrial projects throughout Perth and Pilbara involved creation of OH&S procedures/JHAs * Conducted pre-starts/toolbox meetings * Booked employee inductions, driving permits and VOCs * Utilised time/cost management programs to meet contractual timeframes.
* Coordination of up to 16 tradesmen (shed builders, plumbers, riggers, electricians and concreters) on Fortescue Metals Group's $1.3M Christmas Creek's Laboratory facility construction included all pre-lays, electrical, plumbing, air-conditioning installations through to internal/external fit-outs:
- Implemented stringent safety, quality, environmental and human resource policies/procedures included creation and management of fatigue, travel, fitness for work and safety plans, to meet client requirements.
- Managed all site logistics and procurement of materials included stock control, all bunting and barricade needs, lay-down area management and general housekeeping.
- Supervised and operated EWP, forklift and telehandler, on a daily basis, included sourcing of safety harness upgrade and lanyards to meet comfort and harsh environment needs.
- Coordinated time and cost saving processes by utilisation of on-site crane driver to assist in quick installation of materials amongst other streamlining procedures to improve bottom-line.
- Interfacing with client representatives (FMG/Calibre) and other subcontractors to achieve project schedules; assess hazards and conduct pre-trials for changed scope of work safety.
- Correlation of progress and projection reports, included materials listing/schedules, manning requirements, plant hire utilisation and OH&S to senior management and scope of work reports for subcontractor meetings.
* Successfully completed Western Power's $4M Holding Facilities Project included completion of workshops, truck deports and office buildings at Narrogin and simultaneously worked across both Bridgetown and Margaret...
October 2010 - December 2010
* Supervised and coordinated all site requirements, across up to 25 residential project sites simultaneously included successfully completed and handed over 7 houses within 2mths.
- Seconded to Rose Cabinets (cabinet making sub-company) to reduce over 97 job deficits across 30 Project Supervisors' programs (Joondalup to Secret Harbour) of more than 180 houses.
- Resulted in 86% reduction of outstanding jobs being completed within 3wks by implementation of procedures, job sheets and streamlining of maintenance time management productivity.
Formwork / Steelfixer
April 2008 - August 2010
* Completed general carpentry, formwork and steel-fixing tasks on Sunday Times Refurbishment project included reading and interpreting architectural and structural drawings to meet site specifications.
- Managed HC truck driving duties in transportation and delivery of required materials, steel and tilt panels to various formwork sites around Perth, involved loading/unloading of truck.
- Controlled all scaffold erection, material handling, concrete placement and finishing included setup of formwork (suspended/floor slabs, tilt panels, steel cages, internal walls) through to roofing and reinforced columns.
- Upheld all OH&S site procedures included compiling work method procedures and JHA's in compliance with construction site requirements.
Supervisor / Foreman
February 2005 - January 2008
* Maintained hands-on approach, coordinating large luxury renovation and new build projects, worth $1M, with sole responsibility for site and contracted staff management, reporting to Aurum's Company Director.
- Instrumental in minimising wastage and ensured finish of all build facets completed to superior finishing standard, suitable to nature and expense of materials used.
- Successfully maintained superior quality of workmanship (formwork to finishing), whilst managing site safety of up to 12 (air-con, steel fixers, plumbers, electricians) subcontractors, meeting timelines under budget/on time.
- Coordinated electrical and plumbing subcontractors in creation and management of unique wiring plans to ensure client's future upgrade needs met.
- Assisted in pre-lays, civil earthworks, concrete slab laying and plumbing preparation and slab work to maintain work schedules ahead of contractual work scope.
- Installed underfloor heating systems, completed kitchen finishes, all internal/external cladding included preparation and fixing of trusses and exposed beams, successfully completed apprenticeship with D&M Builders and moved into foreman/team leader role.
Amalgamated Builders Ltd
February 2003 - January 2005
* Altered career direction by gaining apprenticeship position working on high-rise commercial, industrial and residential buildings involved in all aspects of form work, tilt slabs and steel works.
- Involved in construction of $32M Sofitel Hotel & Spa's 82-room project utilised pre-cast panels, sheet pile wall and structural steel framing with traydec floor slabs.
Mobile Plant Operator Fulton Hogan, Queenstown NZ 4yrs
* Operated excavators, front end loaders, rollers and HC trucks on civil earthworks, subdivision construction and highway upgrade sites.
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more