Claim you profile
An experienced and versatile General Manager with a proven track record of success within leisure services, entertainment and education sector organisations.
Commercially astute with effective project planning and management skills.
• Successfully managed a £4m project to build new bars, a restaurant & 2 cinemas
• Achieved a significant 50% increase in turnover from the bars and restaurants
• Continuous record of considerable improvements in staff morale and customer service
• Excellent record of successful facilities and buildings management
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Deputy Bursar (Operations Manager)
St.Peter's School, Clifton, York
September 2009 - September 2009
Responsible for the general management of this hugely successful independent school covering 60 acres in the centre of historic York. As well as overseeing the general operation of the school I am also responsible for health and safety, human resources, overseeing estate management and catering and management of the commercial company. Responsible for 160 support staff through a team of 6 department heads.
The Clarence Dock Company Limited
September 2007 - September 2009
A large complex in Leeds comprising leisure, retail, commercial and residential elements and perhaps best known as the home of the Royal Armouries Museum. I was responsible for managing this complex including marketing, tenant liaison and involvement with various committees that promoted the waterfront as a destination and represented the interests of waterfront businesses and residents.
High Peak Theatre Trust Buxton Opera House
July 2004 - August 2007
• Recruited to make improvements to the overall operation
• Implemented a Health & Safety Policy and staff handbook
• Considerably improved staff morale and performance
• Championed customer service, raising its profile in the organisation
• Increased commercial income and improved facilities management
• Successfully project managed quite complex capital improvement programmes
• Regularly deputised for the chief executive
Qualifications & Certifications
Selwyn Jones High School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more