Certified Public Accountant
A Certified Public Accountant by profession and currently employed as corporate internal auditor in Waterfront Philippines, Inc.
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Corporate Internal Auditor
Waterfront Philippines IncJuly 2012 - Present
• Formulate audit programs for assigned audit engagements.
• Prepare engagement letter.
• Conduct opening conference with department head to discuss the objectives and scope of an audit engagement.
• Review and check procedures of hotel operations to ensure that controls are in place and operating as intended.
• Review records and coordinate with respective department to check, clarify and ensure validity of documents.
• Interview employees/staff or any involved personnel to clarify procedures, documentation and others.
• Prepare audit reports which include summary of audit findings and recommendations.
• Conduct closing conference with department head to discuss about the audit findings, recommendations, and resolutions.
Carlos J. Valdes & AssociatesJuly 2010 - July 2012
• Collect and analyze data to detect inappropriate accounting applications.
• Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
• Prepare, analyze, and verify financial statements and other records using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
• Examine records and interview workers to ensure proper recording of transactions.
• Examine records, tax returns, and related documents.
• Prepare detailed reports on audit findings and complete set of financial statements.
• Make recommendations for proper accounting procedures.
• Assist clients for annual tax return preparation.
• Examine the correctness of computation involving prepayments, interest, depreciation, etc.
Balagtas & Co., CPA'sDecember 2009 - May 2010
• Prepare Financial Statements
• Prepare Monthly BIR Reportorials ( Vat-2550 M, Percentage tax-2551 M, Withholding taxes like 1601-E & 1601-C)
• Prepare Quarterly BIR Reportorials ( Vat-2550 Q, Quarterly ITR-1701 Q & 1702 Q)
• Prepare Annual Income Tax Return-1701 & 1702
• Record Business Transactions and Maintain Books of Accounts.
• Prepare Schedules for Deductions/Contributions like PAG-IBIG/HDMF, SSS & PHILHEALTH.