Howie Watkins is a programme director and manager with broad experience of project, staff and contract management. He has the skills needed to manage complex projects, delivering against milestones while working with multiple stakeholders and juggling multiple agendas.
He plans strategically, communicates clearly and negotiates successfully with wide partners.
Howie is creative and innovative, combining strong operational and personnel management with problem solving skills and leadership. His work is underpinned by a strong background in science, communication & education.
Key Experience and Skills:
• Project management – managing complex multi-strand projects and interfaces between organisations with differing project management standards and procedures.
• Financial/ contract management - including business planning, contract specification, procurement management, negotiation and contractor supervision.
• Personnel management – including management of diverse teams of staff and volunteers.
• Quality assurance monitoring – including analysis of need and project design to facilitate both evaluation of outcomes and effective monitoring of project outputs.
• Public and media relations strategy – including strategy development/ implementation, media resource auditing and staff/ volunteer training.
• Multimedia production – including video direction/ production, specification and creation of multimedia content for the web, corporate clients and broadcast media.
• Event organisation – including design of presentations for clients, authoring and delivering personal presentations, stage management and managing public events.
• Facilitation and involvement – including community consultation, capacity building / training and focus group moderation.
• Writing - technical and medical writing for professional, corporate and lay audiences.
• Education – design and delivery of programmes to facilitate change and support lifelong learning.
Be the first tofor Howie Watkins.